0 (0%)
7 +
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: Mon, 03 Dec, 2012 - 22:55

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
We are off to Sri Lanka at the end of March next yr for a wedding and are looking at a stop-over in Singapore on the way back. Thought we should spend 7 days however a quick google suggests that might be a bit too long any ideas on how long we should stay for?

Offline Paulstar

I stayed 3, in that time I did a few tours and some exploring myself + lots of eating. I could've stayed a couple more to eat more, see more. If you get bored KL is pretty close by you can check that out too there is a few days worth of exploring there.

Offline cel

I've spent three days there and feel like I saw most of it. It's really not big. I'd say 3-5 is the go.

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
The Zoo, Night Safari are quite popular with tourists, and can be done in a day. If you want to do some shopping - start on Orchard Rd - maybe do the river cruise on another day. The gardens/museum/galleries can make a third day. Perhaps the Marina/Sentosa, Universal Studios/Marina Gardens for a fourth day. Singapore is nice place for food, shows, night life and car watching, but there are not a huge amount of things to see. Lots of shopping options for just about anything you could want.

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Agree with the other posters - 3-5 max.

I spent 7 days there last year but that was over F1 weekend so 3 days were spent there.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I think its the most boring city in Asia, by a considerable margin.
3 days, and the tourist things are really touristy

probably a nicer place if you are a family

little india is the interesting area in my opinion, but since you are on your way back from sri lanka, probably not so much!

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
I am there every few weeks for work- really depends what you want to do.....there is soooo much more to see than the vanilla touristy stuff...like most places you need to know where to look.

Not just the city but down to Sentosa can take up a couple of days, some of the local islands are good fun as well KUsu, St John to name a few then the usual tourist areas in town including Boat and Clarke quay, I would also recommend Fort Canning as a must gives a fantastic insight into the defence of Singapore and the Japense invasion....and lastly every Australian with a soul should make a pilgrimage visit to Changi POW memorial.  In summary 5 days can give you plenty of time but you could do more...oh and have a drink at Ku De Ta on top of Marina Bay Sands.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Cool thanks guys just spoke to the wife we are booking 4-5 days in Singapore and a couple in KL on the way home.
Cheers everyone :thumbsup: