Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I'd hate to hear your opinion on something important.

A big Mac looks big when presented and you think you are getting value for money.

Presentation is very important.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I'd hate to hear your opinion on something important.

A big Mac looks big when presented and you think you are getting value for money.

Presentation is very important.

I agree, but as an ex delivery driver I can tell you as a fact that we bought Hungries over Big Macs because of the wrapper.  I'd consider losing possibly millions in sales by not consulting your customers is reasonably important for a business. I wont be buying a whopper to eat on the run any more. How many others wont be?

I havent spent all my life in an office like these marketing guys.

I know you work with HJ's and its nice of you to defend them but theyve made a mistake.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'm with scud. The new packaging is an improvement.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

In what way?

The box is a nicer way to present the burger. The old wrapper crushed the burger. The move would have been thoroughly researched and market-tested.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

The box is a nicer way to present the burger. The old wrapper crushed the burger. The move would have been thoroughly researched and market-tested.

And sometimes they get it wrong.. they may have researched it on looks alone and not function, which is where they are making the mistake..

I was a regular, on the run, whopper consumer. If it bugged me enough to comment on it on here, its going to bug a whole lot more people as well. Im not looking at it from the outside. Im looking at is as a regular customer.

They already had the big photos of the burgers in the stores that made the burgers look great, seeing it in the box isnt particularly impressive.

Have you actually bought one in the box? We got two last night, we couldnt eat them on the run so you have to either pull over or wait til you get home and eat them when theyve gone colder.
It didnt look any more impressive seeing it in the box, it looked exactly as it did if you unwrapped one. It didnt grow into a bigger burger as the wrapping never really squashed it down before.

I'm saying it like it is from the field, from one of the many that bought them to eat on the run, an actual purchaser. Thats who they need to listen to. If they did some real market research they would have made it an option on the menu and be asking how you want it packaged as you order. Then Id agree that its a decent idea from a marketing point of view.

Im sure the greenies are gonna see it as a step back as well. They hate the deforestation caused by McDonalds packaging.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Good luck with your crusade.

Thanks, I know it wont make any difference,  just venting... ;)

Im done. thanks all for putting up with me... my complaints would have as much chance of being noticed as all those that petition to get the old facebook back every time they change it.

Offline Paulstar

Sounds like there were no delivery drivers in the focus groups. My on-the-go food is 3 cheeseburgers. Small, manageable, delicious and nothing much to really fall out onto you / in the car as you drive  :thumbsup:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Sounds like there were no delivery drivers in the focus groups. My on-the-go food is 3 cheeseburgers. Small, manageable, delicious and nothing much to really fall out onto you / in the car as you drive  :thumbsup:
I'll probably be joining you over at Macca's for cheeseburgers for my on the road meals now. That tangy sauce is probably what makes them delicious. :thumbsup: