Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Nice move, but now you need the sticker. "I'd rather push an exotic than drive a Hyundai"

i sure would!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Dam, I haven't unpacked my old pooter from the move, had such a nice photo on that one too.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Dam, I haven't unpacked my old pooter from the move, had such a nice photo on that one too.

surely it couldn't be a better than a good looking guy pushing a good looking car.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
So my little Getz was due a service again....

I over ran the schedule, was supposed to do it at 60k km, but it's nearly 65k... ooops  :eek:

Anyway, did full service as per log book, also swapped wheels around front to back to share the wear. Tyres are wearing PERFECTLY across the tread (despite having 2 deg neg camber), fronts are wearing twice as fast as rears.

Anyway, after the recent gigantic surge of time to finish Bretts 308 (hence the over run of schedule), sometimes you begin to doubt yourself that ANYTHING happens quickly anymore.

Faith restored today... full service as per log book 60k service... 42 minutes!  :tilt:

Why can't all cars be this easy :scratchchin:

I love my car.  :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
You know what - I've recommended the Getz to 3 people recently who've asked me for advice on a good cheap car, based purely on you idiots.  I don't think any of them bought one - but still, the thought counts. :p

(mostly because I have no idea about cheap cars so I just go by what people who know stuff about expensive cars like)

• Soap Dodger

You know what - I've recommended the Getz to 3 people recently who've asked me for advice on a good cheap car, based purely on you idiots.  I don't think any of them bought one - but still, the thought counts. :p

(mostly because I have no idea about cheap cars so I just go by what people who know stuff about expensive cars like)

It's ESSENTIAL to recommend the 5 door 1.6 litre.

The 3 doors suck cos you can't reach the seat belt as the pillar is too far back, and the smaller engines are gutless.

• Soap Dodger

oh, forgot to say...

still not even half way through the brake pads.. which are still the originals from new (and I use my brakes quite a bit).

Discs still as new, exhaust perfect.

Not one fault with the car of any kind at the moment, (scary days when the high level brake light globe failed, and the screen washers blocked with sludge... but that was 20k km ago....)

Car looks like new underneath, not one item even looking like its aging/worn.

I thought it had its first trim rattle recently, but it turns out the kids had dropped a cd under the seat. Fixed  :thumbsup:

Cannot praise the Getz (5 door 1.6) highly enough. Utterly fantastic little car, and great fun to drive (with 2 deg front neg camber). Just last week another Ferrari owner got to sample it, and it gave him a smile.

Offline CortinaD

oh, forgot to say...

still not even half way through the brake pads.. which are still the originals from new (and I use my brakes quite a bit).

Not one fault with the car of any kind at the moment, (scary days when the high level brake light globe failed, and the screen washers blocked with sludge... but that was 20k km ago....)

I thought it had its first trim rattle recently, but it turns out the kids had dropped a cd under the seat. Fixed  :thumbsup:

Cannot praise the Getz (5 door 1.6) highly enough. Utterly fantastic little car, and great fun to drive (with 2 deg front neg camber). Just last week another Ferrari owner got to sample it, and it gave him a smile.

3 door isn't a problem for me. Seat belt in the perfect position.

How much they slug you for the service?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

oh, forgot to say...

Feel a bit the same about the Commodore, though I'm not exactly in love.
It's just practical and I don't have to worry about where I park it, anyone can service it, it doesn't seem to use any fuel - I'm enjoying the novelty for the time being.

Every car has it's use.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
3 door isn't a problem for me. Seat belt in the perfect position.

3 door suits my dad, bought him the SXI (the Scuderia of the Getz World) when i was working at Hyundai
Not having Kids to get into the back seats its fine considering he drives over 100Km a day for work and never had a problem

Genesis Coupe has been caned from the Aussie line up, getting some other couple similar to the Kia Koup'
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice