Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Ended up buying from someone who would ship it for me. They sent it last week but then had FedEx call me this morning asking 20 questions about the delivery and contents.

Is this normal?

Probably not enough detail in the customs declaration

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Probably not enough detail in the customs declaration

My thoughts too.
Another trap is sending something to a business name as it is guaranteed to receive attention from Customs in some way. Send the same item to you personally and it skips on through the system in my experience.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Anyone have any tips on finding the right supplier in China? I'm looking at importing shoes and clothing but it's impossible to know the best place to buy from. I dont mind buying from a wholesaler to start with but you could spend weeks looking on Alibaba to find the best deals. Even after that you dont know if the supplier is good to work with. Has anyone used a procurement company in China that they would recommend or have any other advice?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline dkabab

Best is to go to a trade show

i think thats the best way...

I'm currently dealing with a Chinese company having a prototype made at the moment, they are really good, but i had to contact 100 bad ones to find this one.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Shoes and Clothes????

The missus has a friend who started doing dresses and sexy costumes and lingerie and stuff(like "come f*** me boots").

She had no end of trouble at the start, all the stuff was a size 6 to 8 and the boots were tiny. It's only been the last 12 months that they have been getting it right with the sizing. I'm not sure how she found the suppliers, I'll ask.

I have only done car parts so I can't really help....... 

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I have a friend who gets shoes made in China. I'll ask for her contact details if she's happy to share.

Offline fivesix

Have you looked at Europe for cheap textiles? Turkey etc?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Thanks guys.
 I had fantastic deals for clothing from India and Pakistan when I lived in the US. I was buying any style of biker jackets for $18USD back in 2000 but I dont have those contacts any more. The clothing is only an addition at the moment, its the shoes that I mostly want for now.
An ex's daughter managed a shoe store on the Parade at Norwood in SA that imported shoes from China that had their own branding and the price was excellent and mark up was 300-400%.

I need the sizes to be perfect due to my business model so that's one thing I dont want to be messed around with. 

Trade fairs sound like a good approach.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Just my luck. The Australian Shoe Fair is listed for 01-05 August 2016, so the 2015 show was probably last week.  :doh:

http://expoau.all.biz/australian-shoe-fair-expo13377