Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
In Vic., also note km restriction
If the eligible person is a dealer, a prospective purchaser of the vehicle may test drive the vehicle on a highway only under any one of the following conditions:

• in the case of a vehicle with a gross vehicle mass greater than 4.5 tonnes – has never been previously registered
  • in the case of any other vehicle – has not been driven more than 1000km since its manufacture
  • the dealer has acquired a Certificate of Roadworthiness (RWC) in Victoria, since acquiring the vehicle

They have tightened it up even further now. I think they made it a requirement that dealer demonstration vehicles had to have full registration ?[/list]

Offline TomE

This is a true story, happened today. Can anyone top this one?  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I call BS.

Did he post a copy of the fine stating the defect ?

Offline hydie

They have tightened it up even further now. I think they made it a requirement that dealer demonstration vehicles had to have full registration ?[/list]
    This is definitely true in NSW.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
    • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
    I call BS.

Did he post a copy of the fine stating the defect ?

I thought the same thing to start with and plenty of people asked for a close up of the defect. The OP appears to be a friend of the person that was defected and seemed very genuine and adamant that it was true. Another person posted a pic of a regular car defected in SA for the same thing. You can have a look and make your mind up. I found an old add from September on gum tree with a defected car for sale saying it was defected for a torn seat as well.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151921243039214&set=o.410491832360996&type=1&theater