• Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I'll go first... :D

This morning having brekky with a couple folk on East Tce - by that time it was low-mid 30's already and we were about to dine al-fresco.  So - one of them moved the big-arse umbrella so that it would cover us from being singed - and being 9am'ish the sun was coming in at an acute angle which meant the brolly needed to be placed a fair way away.

This all seemed good - until a bus came and smashed into it :eek:

So - in the confusion of a noisy bus with squeeling brakes pulling up 8 feet away and hitting a massive brolly which caused it to do a brolly spin of death likely to decapitate numerous passers by I managed to jump up and grab it in it's violent throes before it caused a bloodbath.  Quite the hero *buffs nails on shirt*

Anyhoo - standing there calmly in the aftermath just holding this smashed up 11 foot tall brolly and one of the broken support beams fall down and lands with full force *right* on the bridge of my nose! :eek:

It's only sort of visible - but there's a big fat bruise there, no bloodletting and scabs or scars to make it a cool injury though. :?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I'll go first... :D

This morning having brekky with a couple folk on East Tce - by that time it was low-mid 30's already and we were about to dine al-fresco.  So - one of them moved the big-arse umbrella so that it would cover us from being singed - and being 9am'ish the sun was coming in at an acute angle which meant the brolly needed to be placed a fair way away.

This all seemed good - until a bus came and smashed into it :eek:

So - in the confusion of a noisy bus with squeeling brakes pulling up 8 feet away and hitting a massive brolly which caused it to do a brolly spin of death likely to decapitate numerous passers by I managed to jump up and grab it in it's violent throes before it caused a bloodbath.  Quite the hero *buffs nails on shirt*

Anyhoo - standing there calmly in the aftermath just holding this smashed up 11 foot tall brolly and one of the broken support beams fall down and lands with full force *right* on the bridge of my nose! :eek:

It's only sort of visible - but there's a big fat bruise there, no bloodletting and scabs or scars to make it a cool injury though. :?

photos or it never happened.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline dkabab

No need for a photo, they immortalised the event in an action figure… So heroic.
He has healed now.

I have an injury at the moment but its not very exciting. My rotator cuff in my shoulder is buggered. Due to pitching (baseball).

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

I have an injury at the moment but its not very exciting. My rotator cuff in my shoulder is buggered. Due to pitching (baseball).

Sure it's from Baseball.

Offline dkabab

Sure it's from Baseball.

what else could it be.....  :fap:  :rolleyes:

oh and cos of baseball i cant straighted my right arm. has probably 10degrees of bend in it. my elbow is full of calcified cartlidge...  :doh:

Offline rallygraphix

Finally went and got the results from some Xrays on my buggered (again ) ankle.

Turns out the ATFL ( A totally Frakked Ligament?) is up the shite, and when i put pressure on it the bones it is meant to hold together are opening up to 15 mm!!  :scared: (meant to be about 6 maximum)... Operation, lengthy recovery here we come when i can find the time..

Spurs and stuffed rotator as well on Left shoulder, yet another op..  Too many to even think about at moment..

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I had my feelings hurt, once.  :tilt:

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

Well ok I can answer normally now, think I have it out of my system.

I tend to have ongoing injuries. They all have one root really, I have 2 bulging discs in my lower back that cause numerous aches and pains. But this in turn causes me to have hamstring and calf pains near constantly, which when they fill like it raise up to my lower back, then onto the upperback and then finally into my neck where evenutally they turn into migraine  :headbang: . I'm not sure how it all began but I've always had neck discomfort and as such heard that a chiropractor would be able to help (I burst into giggles when I saw how screwed up the x-rays of my neck showed up) so after 12 months of chiro I ended up with hip pain (go figure) so stop going there. So now it is just recommended that I do lots of stretching and strengthening exercises for the adominal area. Getting there though.

Other than that I have very sore knuckles after being hit on the ends of the fingers last weekend at cricket (wicketkeeper). I'm sure I've had a broken finger at one point of another, but no x-rays, no proof, (no sympathy apparently from the missus).