Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

There shouldn't be MSG used in the good restaurants, it's very much out of favour, probably the cocaine you had later.

6 hours ? I too aspire to that, bed at midnight, sleep at 12.30 awake at 4 doz til 5 watch morning news on 7 or 9 both are so lame you're too pissed to go back to sleep after watching it.

Mel is an idiot, Kosh tries to talk down to their audience and is very irritating in the process, Karl and Lisa just giggle, it's fairly obvious they are touching each other up under the desk.
ABC 2 is better and assists getting back to sleep it's so dry.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I've watched two sunrises in a row - surely that goes into my daylight savings account?

Ok it's been nearly 40 hours now, getting kinda ridiculous...  :?

Timeline: up at 6am yesterday, cleaned apartment for inspection, at office from 9-5 (unusual hours :p ), then put on a bbq & lotsa drinks for folks, I carried on all night then back at the office from 8-6 today, then a couple relaxing pints on way home.

Sun's gone down and whilst I'm worn out, just not particularly tired.

Got a few more brewskis leftover from last night to hopefully lull me into sleepworthiness - I'd catch up on some work but yeah I can tell I'm scatterbrained - guess it's time to break out God of War III. :cool:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Ok it's been nearly 40 hours now, getting kinda ridiculous...  :?

Timeline: up at 6am yesterday, cleaned apartment for inspection, at office from 9-5 (unusual hours :p ), then put on a bbq & lotsa drinks for folks, I carried on all night then back at the office from 8-6 today, then a couple relaxing pints on way home.

Sun's gone down and whilst I'm worn out, just not particularly tired.

Got a few more brewskis leftover from last night to hopefully lull me into sleepworthiness - I'd catch up on some work but yeah I can tell I'm scatterbrained - guess it's time to break out God of War III. :cool:

It's a robot. Ash is a god damn robot.

Offline dkabab

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

"You were made as well as we could make you."

"But not to last."

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I have something to say: it's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
try not using a phone/pc/laptop or any form of screened electronic device for as long as possible, and see how long is possible!

you're training your brain to remain stimulated.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Some nights I find that it's very difficult to 'switch off', that sleeping seems like a waste of time. Much to the missus' dismay.

I keep running through lots of things that I ned to do and scenarios around those things, so I've found that getting a foolscap pad beside my bed and I wring everything I can think of out of my head and that usually helps heaps. I have resorted, in the past, to taking a couple of Melatonin tablets while trying to fall asleep. You put them under you tongue and let them dissolve, whether they work or whether it's the placebo of concentrating on them, they seemed to work when I needed it most. I never wanted to have to take medication for it, so these being a naturopath thing suit me better.

Other thing I found was getting a girlfriend helped. When ever the missus is away I tend to stay up all night just mucking around, tv, games, internet, reading, but I try to go to bed with her when she gets back so I sleep more.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

try not using a phone/pc/laptop or any form of screened electronic device for as long as possible, and see how long is possible!

you're training your brain to remain stimulated.

Like I said in the first post, unless you're actually afflicted with the ability to stay up for days on end, the little pointers for how to get a bit of shuteye are useless. This was before screens were in my face all day, I lived in the outback with no electricity as a kid, same thing - some people say read a book - when I was 13 I read Kane & Abel in a single sitting.

I did the math a few years ago when I had a 20yo gf (I was 30) - she slept at least 10 hrs a day, and by my reckoning she would need to be 40ish before she'd catch up to me at 30 in being conscious - of course I spent a lot more of that time drunk... :D

Latest Discussions