Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Brand new toner just installed!!!

The Drum has gone and leaving a big blank line down one side of the page!!!!   :irked:

Check price on a whole new laser before you replace drum. I was sad when our office admin ordered a new drum for an older Epson here - which was about $200 more than the price of the new version of the printer...
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Check price on a whole new laser before you replace drum. I was sad when our office admin ordered a new drum for an older Epson here - which was about $200 more than the price of the new version of the printer...

Yep - gunna be cheaper to buy a new printer - shit shit shit!!!    :doh:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I can ask the guys to find out - printers are usually pretty cheap though - they get you on the consumables!  :)

The only "used car" mhh has bought in the last 20 years was from the guy who runs Cartridge World. :p

Offline dutchie34

we run a Samsung E-board at work (architects practice) fairly newish (18 months), its been great,

its like having a 77"inch tablet, handles multiple users at once, full HD output, now idea on cost thou.

Wifey has been using hitachi starboard at school, its had about 6 services in 2 years, not sure if thats due to user input or machine probs.

Offline allanuber

we run a Samsung E-board at work (architects practice) fairly newish (18 months), its been great,

its like having a 77"inch tablet, handles multiple users at once, full HD output, now idea on cost thou.

Wifey has been using hitachi starboard at school, its had about 6 services in 2 years, not sure if thats due to user input or machine probs.

I'd forgotten about the e-boards - one of our clients has the 65" - it's more expensive - around 11K retail.
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Sounds like a giant scratch n sniff.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
earlier this year I was asked to build a new meeting room in our sydney office
smart boards were part of my recommendation
heres my doc, its fairly brief
http://www.r4d.org/dev/Smart%20board%20options.doc

it might help, it might not

ended up going with a huge plasma instead of a projector or smartboard

***I.T. procurement is not my normal work task, if it was I might  be more insane than I already am!

Offline allanuber

Whats the resolution/detail like when it's normal PC text up on a plasma? We've got a 60" here that's ok for projecting from a PC, but its still a lot lossier than an LCD/LED...
C'mon, do it!

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I find a lot of laptops assume the monitor out is VGA and 4:3, resulting in incorrect aspect ratio

what you need is a computer with HDMI out, or a plasma with DVI in
then you need to ensure you are using a resolution that is the native resolution of the plasma
either 1920 x 1080 for full HD
or 1280 x 720 for half HD or whatever marketing term they call that

most laptops cant output at full hd at all, and many computers still struggle with this

if you get a computer with a decent video card ($100 gets a good nvidia or ati card) that can output 1920 x 1080, then it looks amazing

it gets tricky when different consultants bring all sorts of different laptops into your office to show things on the plasma, just getting an aspect ratio to work right can be a challenge, but I often go to places where projectors cant handle anything beyond 1024 x 768 also, which makes a widescreen laptop with apps that assume at least 1280 hard to demonstrate