Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
earlier this year I was asked to build a new meeting room in our sydney office
smart boards were part of my recommendation
heres my doc, its fairly brief
http://www.r4d.org/dev/Smart%20board%20options.doc

it might help, it might not

ended up going with a huge plasma instead of a projector or smartboard

***I.T. procurement is not my normal work task, if it was I might  be more insane than I already am!

Read the doco - good work - your company is one of our new clients - that means I can legitimately take you for boozy lunches!!!  Smaaaallll world!
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Read the doco - good work - your company is one of our new clients - that means I can legitimately take you for boozy lunches!!!  Smaaaallll world!

How do I get a ticket for that??????

Offline allanuber

How do I get a ticket for that??????

100K projects and above get lunches
250K and above get to play with the cars
500K and above get VIP treatment 

:)
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hmmmmmm,  my $20Mil budget is already accounted for, damn!!!!    :sadnana:

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David

are we really?
I havent heard about that and im a pretty senior person in i.t. (business architect, been there 15 years etc etc which is 14 longer than anyone else!)
we just agreed to trial salesforce.com not sure if uber hosts that in aus
I know who runs all our data centres for business applications

maybe its one of the other arms like water or transport or power, im from environment which is our biggest operation

in australia we all run largely as separate companies

I can assure you I do much more interesting and challenging work normally, not that whiteboards arent fun :)

Offline allanuber

are we really?
I havent heard about that and im a pretty senior person in i.t. (business architect, been there 15 years etc etc which is 14 longer than anyone else!)

maybe its one of the other arms like water or transport or power, im from environment which is our biggest operation

I can assure you I do much more interesting and challenging work normally, not that whiteboards arent fun :)

I'll drop you a PM on what we're helping out with - sounds like we're going to be running into each other   :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

are we really?

We were tossing between SalesForce.com and SageCRM. Did you guys look at other CRM's?

We ended up with SageCRM.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
We have SAP as our ERP
salesforce.com is a tactical implementation at this point, as its in use in the UK and USA parts of the company
so we didnt really look at anything else

However I have looked at what we are using in singapore and china recently which is vtiger, which would be a good solution if you wanted lower cost
we are mainly using it in those countries for call centre management with telephony integration rather than lead generation, sales pipeline mangemet, field sales etc. Not that it cant do that too.

In the organization where I work, which is mainly about emptying rubbish bins, the main consideration is very much the maturity of the business users and ability to accept change to long established practices, hence an incremental approach is often what we need to go for, salesforce.com allows additional changes to be configured and deployed quickly, SAP does not.

Offline allanuber

We were tossing between SalesForce.com and SageCRM. Did you guys look at other CRM's?

We ended up with SageCRM.

Salesforce has been a tidal wave. Lots of integrators/consultants poo-poo'd it, however it delivers a solid enough spread of features over the wire, is friendly enough to IT and the sales guys know how to work the business users to go from ideas to 'we must have this' demand. I'd say 80% of our big 'brand name' customers have implemented or are trailling the solution.

We've got a few customers on SageCRM - all of whom have 'upgraded' from having people really familiar with ACT.

Smaller customers still love SugarCRM - costs pretty much nothing to set up and if you want to 'own' the infrastructure it's dead easy for local deployment and customisation.
C'mon, do it!

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Salesforce has been a tidal wave. Lots of integrators/consultants poo-poo'd it, however it delivers a solid enough spread of features over the wire, is friendly enough to IT and the sales guys know how to work the business users to go from ideas to 'we must have this' demand. I'd say 80% of our big 'brand name' customers have implemented or are trailling the solution.

We've got a few customers on SageCRM - all of whom have 'upgraded' from having people really familiar with ACT.

Smaller customers still love SugarCRM - costs pretty much nothing to set up and if you want to 'own' the infrastructure it's dead easy for local deployment and customisation.

SalesForce was indeed impressive. The UI looks good and the FB-ish community pages were interesting. In the end it came down to cost. Implementation was similar however:
- the annual running cost of SageCRM was far lower
- integration of SageCRM to read of our SQL databases, that were structured around our Sage ERP, was lower in cost too.
- considering this is our first CRM and the users that we have, we didn't think we could capitalize on a number of the features that SF offered. Not yet anyway.

I really liked SF.. but SageCRM will do the job for us for the next few years. I would certainly recommend SF to people who can afford it.

Latest Discussions