Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Hi all,

I'm George, long time browser so I thought I'd take the plunge and actually join up.

I drive a 2006 Subaru WRX but over the years working for CarAdvice I've been able to drive everything from Aston Martins to Lamborghinis to Porsches and everything in between. I drove a bunch of these while we were in Europe along with Jan / OzCarSightings.

I did most of the behind the scenes work like filming, here is a clip I shot of the Aston Martin DBS in outback Australia if anyone is interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZHEiI-ypcU

I recently left CarAdvice to pursue my own interests and I'm currently building a car reviews website called Carmooch which will hopefully become a directory for all Australian car reviews.

At the very least I hope this will get me back behind the wheel of some nice cars, but the ultimate goal is to afford one of my own.

Ultimate garage would be:

Daily Driver - 2011 BMW M5 (I know it hasn't been released yet, but its bound to be awesome.)
Track Car - Nissan GT-R (I'll always have a soft spot for Jap turbos, and it doesn't get better than the GT-R.)
Weekend Car - Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera (All-time favourite car. Drove the regular LP560-4 in Italy and loved every moment - even though it fell apart)

Offline Paulstar

Hi welcome! I envy you automotive journalist types  :D

There was a user on here with a decent site in the making about car reviews, sorry can't find it but someone else might remember?

Offline carmooch

Thanks!

Sounds interesting, if you think of the name let me know. :)

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Hi welcome! I envy you automotive journalist types  :D

There was a user on here with a decent site in the making about car reviews, sorry can't find it but someone else might remember?

Rod Halligan...

http://www.car-of-the-day.com/
C'mon, do it!

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib

Offline carmooch

Rod Halligan...

http://www.car-of-the-day.com/
Thanks for that. I have actually come across that site before. Seemed like an interesting concept but looks like he ran out of time to maintain it. I know how he must feel, its taken me three years to reach the point I'm at now. Not long to go, expect to go live in Feb!

welcome to AE
where are you from ?
Thanks! I'm based in Sydney.

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
Thanks for that. I have actually come across that site before. Seemed like an interesting concept but looks like he ran out of time to maintain it. I know how he must feel, its taken me three years to reach the point I'm at now. Not long to go, expect to go live in Feb!
Thanks! I'm based in Sydney.
:thumbsup:
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline cel

Welcome George, following you on twitter now ;)

Looking forward to seeing the progress of carmooch  :thumbsup:

Offline carmooch

Welcome George, following you on twitter now ;)

Looking forward to seeing the progress of carmooch  :thumbsup:
Thanks for the welcome and follow Marcel, big fan of your photography - one of the reasons I decided to finally join was because I became obsessed with the spotted thread!