Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I'll get all this moved to another thread evem though some kitchens can cost as much as cars

Offline TomE

We had the new kitchen put in for Christmas and I need to get it finished.

I need someone who can vent a rangehood up and out a roof. They will also need to arrange fabrication of a stainless steel flume cover as the ceiling height is 3m+ on an strange angle.

Any recommendations?
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

We had the new kitchen put in for Christmas and I need to get it finished.

I need someone who can vent a rangehood up and out a roof. They will also need to arrange fabrication of a stainless steel flume cover as the ceiling height is 3m+ on an strange angle.

Any recommendations?

I'll PM you someone that should be able to help and is very reliable

Offline app

What's the deal with having a range rood vent through the ceiling and out the roof?  I've been told it's not always a requirement to have it going out the roof, but through the ceiling into the roof.

Offline TomE

I'll PM you someone that should be able to help and is very reliable

:thumbsup:
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

What's the deal with having a range rood vent through the ceiling and out the roof?  I've been told it's not always a requirement to have it going out the roof, but through the ceiling into the roof.

venting into the roof is illegal as far as I know, I'm sure there is an australian standard stipulating venting and it has to be to the external environment -  either out the wall or through the roof.

venting into a wall cavity or a roof cavity is a fire hazard

edit:  Australian Standard AS1668 - need to vent to atmosphere

Offline TomE

I've got a massive roof space that one day will be turned into a home theatre / manland.

Offline app

venting into the roof is illegal as far as I know, I'm sure there is an australian standard stipulating venting and it has to be to the external environment -  either out the wall or through the roof.

venting into a wall cavity or a roof cavity is a fire hazard

edit:  Australian Standard AS1668 - need to vent to atmosphere

I didn't read it in depth, but that's interesting.  I was told by an electrical retailer in SA that it's an option.  I often see range hoods not going into the atmosphere.  Sure there's not more to it than the AS?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I didn't read it in depth, but that's interesting.  I was told by an electrical retailer in SA that it's an option.  I often see range hoods not going into the atmosphere.  Sure there's not more to it than the AS?

Some rangehoods are flueless and exhaust into the kitchen. They use special filters to catch the fats. You often see these in apartment complexes. But a flies rangehoods must exhaust into the atmosphere.

Offline mtarone

Some rangehoods are flueless and exhaust into the kitchen. They use special filters to catch the fats. You often see these in apartment complexes. But a flies rangehoods must exhaust into the atmosphere.

Yeah carbon filters I think they're called. I am currently renovating my kitchen, and doing most of the work myself. I recently installed a rangehood that we have ducted it to vent out through the eaves. The old one had the filter and what I found is that it didn't eliminate the odors as well.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] crazy wedding? scud Today at 13:21
[ Cars ] Now who is a VERY HAPPY Lad :) Andy@MMRT Today at 11:25
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] Jokes PA Today at 11:19
[ Racing ] 2017 Formula 1 Season IExperiment Today at 09:21
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S allanuber Today at 06:38
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics B2 Yesterday at 21:08
[ Ferrari ] Sandro Terzini and the Ferrari 250PF Fil-Ski Yesterday at 14:31