Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I climbed it a few years ago.... THEN I read about it a bit more, and spoke to some people.... And I felt bad that I had climbed it.

Imagine turning up at church for your wedding, and finding 100's of aboriginals hanging off the stained glass windows? How would you like that?

It's really quite boring up there. Trust me.... I can find anything interesting... but really.... it's not worth the effort or travel.

Go for the drive anyway, but just educate yourself before you climb.

Go for a ranger guided base walk.... it's fascinating and immensely interesting.

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

We didnt climb it when we were up there when i was younger cos it was too windy, and i wish i had, just to say i had done it. We flew around it and one of the other rock outcrops in a chopper, that was cool, but damn expensive...

Talking to my cousin who works for the tourism board up there (Or whatever they call it) this has been a long time coming though....
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

• Soap Dodger

and i wish i had, just to say i had done it.

Having educated myself since the climb... I wish I could say I HADN'T climbed it... just so I could say it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Having educated myself since the climb... I wish I could say I HADN'T climbed it... just so I could say it!

I haven't climbed it - so now I feel superior to you - which makes me feel uncomfortable, so I feel I should climb it.

You can't tell me that the ancient keepers of this land didn't ever take a trip to the top.  As you said, there isn't much to do in the Red Centre.  I bet they had a secret Rock climbing club that used to head up there early on Sunday mornings while no-one was looking, just for the hell of it.  :p

• Soap Dodger

I haven't climbed it - so now I feel superior to you - which makes me feel uncomfortable, so I feel I should climb it.

You can't tell me that the ancient keepers of this land didn't ever take a trip to the top.  As you said, there isn't much to do in the Red Centre.  I bet they had a secret Rock climbing club that used to head up there early on Sunday mornings while no-one was looking, just for the hell of it.  :p

heheh!

How often do you go to church?

When you do go to church, is it for a reason... like wedding/christening/funeral, or maybe general mass etc...

have you ever been to church just for a look around?

How about going to see the rock... do a guided base walk... then go climb the olgas and do kings canyon... both are better than the rock, and not quite so offensive and disrespectful to the locals!

Also, you could theme it up... do a Pricilla dress up drive!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

but why the rush??

I'm just as likely to change my mind, so it's urgent.

My arm could be twisted... this miserable Adelaide weather isn't going down so well at the moment!

Cool.  Just need a few more starters.  :thumbsup:

Offline app

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

we didn't climb as dingo and jim501 were unfit  :p

mark, i'd love to come along but the distance for me is too great.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

...but the distance for me is too great.

No argument there. 

I need a few more SA guys with a fast car and a need for adventure.  The boss and the kids are away for a week so I'm dreaming up crazy ways to make the most of the me time.