Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

The house is in one of the estates near the freeway, and all of them have at least 2,000 sq/m blocks, so there is plenty of room between us and the neighbours. 

The more we think about it the more we like the idea of semi-rural type living, yet within 30km of almost everything.

Just check how near the freeway, see if you can live with the traffic noise from the freeway, although I suppose you would get used to it over time. It might be more semi-rural than you would like it to be.

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

Bogan's driving Lambos now?????

Gonna have to step up your game now...  :p
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline rallygraphix

Mt barker has some nice spots, I personally dont like the big blocks in suburbia type of setup though.

Be aware it is still rated as a welfare town (and is also one of the fastest growing rural towns in Australia).
There is issues with traffic flow, and if you drive up there you will see that some of those estates only have windy single lane roads (2 maximium ways to get out) coming from them.

Crime is a big issue up there, house and shed breakins are rife, and escalating at the moment. My company works in combatting break ins and crime in general, and we have lots of work up there and more coming in it seems  :(

I personally thinks thats the lower income fraternity causing the issues, (the have nots) seeing these plush houses and blocks and toys of the "Haves".. And then taking it for themselves whilst the "Haves" are at work paying for it all.

Overall it is still a nice place to live if you like the country side in suburbia and it is certainly a good way to get a large block and stuff for less bucks.

I would also be keeping an eye on sales of exisitng places up there as it seems a lot of the Haves are "having" trouble in this current hardened financial time in paying for all thier toys n stuff.

My best mate lives up there, and I will admit I have seen him about 4 times in a year since he moved there, its just too far to pop in.

He also commented that the freeway (especially in Winter) is chaos in the mornings. Fog, tail gaters etc.

I used to live at Strathalbyn on 40 acres and that was nice, though I didnt have to commute every day, I moved to the city again when I started needing to be there daily.