Offline T0M722

If they could,  I would supply the shop owners with two rounds in a shotgun. One live ammo, to scare the shit out of them. Two, beanbag rounds to keep them at bay.   :thumbsup:

But seriously, it's pretty awful. I don't really know the background story but they've been smashing car windows, and that's bad especially if it's a Lamborghini.
:)

Offline Paulstar

I've been doing some news article skimming 

The background is, the cops shot a gang members (father of four, black) in a botched raid (the people are calling it an assassination) in a bad neighborhood that has no jobs and no hope for the residents, this place had riots like this twenty years ago. The cops search the kids, anecdotal evidence of police brutality.

The rioting started from a peaceful protest, due to school holidays there are lots of young unemployed kids with nothing to do so they got into the riots (supposedly from areas with no jobs, no money, no opportunities) copy cat rioting then began, organized looting and so on.

When it comes to torching a few of the businesses I wouldn't be surprised if people with vested interest had them burnt down to buy up cheap later or collect insurance money on but yeah basically its out of control.

Am I living in a bubble thinking this could never happen here?  :scared:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Am I living in a bubble thinking this could never happen here?  :scared:

It could, though Europe is far worse than here, the divide netween rich and poor is huge there and I think thats partly behind all this.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
It could, though Europe is far worse than here, the divide netween rich and poor is huge there and I think thats partly behind all this.

You would be right, except it has happened in Australia many times before. The most recent was the redfern riots when the abbos went psycho after an abbo kid being chased by cops jumped an old fence and got skewered on top of it when he slipped.

What about the Cronulla riots???

At least I bought my car and took it away from London a few weeks ago.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Paulstar

You would be right, except it has happened in Australia many times before. The most recent was the redfern riots when the abbos went psycho after an abbo kid being chased by cops jumped an old fence and got skewered on top of it when he slipped.

What about the Cronulla riots???

At least I bought my car and took it away from London a few weeks ago.

I thought about all those incidents, i consider them pretty minor compared to this.

Are you going to make a thread for the new car?  :cool:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I thought about all those incidents, i consider them pretty minor compared to this.

Are you going to make a thread for the new car?  :cool:

Only reason it is considered pretty minor is Aus doesn't have a population to cause that much trouble. We are talking about London here, one of the bigest western cities in the world and also a city with wingers, be it from the poms (hey FF), or the imigrants. Also there is a link between rioting and shitty weather, that probably has something to do with it lol.

Nope, but it is LHD and I have already posted a pic of it. PS: it's not an Abarth lol
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Paulstar

Only reason it is considered pretty minor is Aus doesn't have a population to cause that much trouble. We are talking about London here, one of the bigest western cities in the world and also a city with wingers, be it from the poms (hey FF), or the imigrants. Also there is a link between rioting and shitty weather, that probably has something to do with it lol.

Nope, but it is LHD and I have already posted a pic of it. PS: it's not an Abarth lol

True that, if we had 10 times as many people at the Cronulla riots and the other riot both would have been very different stories. Not an Abarth? money wasted  :p

Offline vik351

Hard to understand why they didnt bring the army in and use tear gas.

I cant believe it either what fucken bullshit is this...???

http://www.news.com.au/world/best-of-the-london-riots-on-youtube/story-e6frfkz9-1226112344569

One punk starts running at the cops,and they havent even got POP guns so the rest follow...WTF??? where are the rubber bullets,tear gas,failing  that Rule 303...!!!

If they woulda shot that first prick in the legs or what ever... bet the rest woulda pissed off quick...!!!

vik... Get real with crime bobbys...

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
(hey FF),

I voted with my feet in 2000

as fas as I'm concerned, I could fill a plane with good souls, and the fucking island can sink for all I care.

Maggie would never have allowed it to get to this.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Well it is interesting times thats for sure. The original incident last week, as above, was the special police squad (remembering normal cops aren't armed) pulled over a minicab with a suspected criminal in it as part of an organised police operation. Initally it was thought that he fired at the police first and hit an officier in the chest (with the bullet lodging in his police radio in front of his heart) and shots were returned killing the suspect. Then there was a 'peaceful' protest about police brutality, which when police stop some participants to frisk them it all went south. That was the first night in Tottenham.

The next day, it was announced that the bullet in the radio was a police issue one, and there was no direct evidence that the suspect had fired the gun he had on him, so now the family want to sue the Met over the 'assassination'.

The rest of the riots have had very little to do with the original incident, Tottenham has been fairly quiet, nothing to do with the government. Its just a bunch of no gooders assuming that in big enough numbers they can steal with no consequences. Just a bunch of wankers really. True the majority probably don't have jobs which some say could be the governments fault but many have probably been out of work for years so thats just an excuse.

Mind you it was very quiet in London last night due to the shear volume of police on the ground. It was amazing, at one point we had 8 putside our office at Putney. I think the cowards were too scared to go out once they new they wouldn't get anywhere.

Also as many have asked why the haven't used force yet, I think they are still on edge due to the investigations over the death of a protester at the G20 (something like that) protests. The guys was pushed to the ground and collapsed soon after and died. The push was caught on camera so its likely the cop with be charged. Though I think the public are ready for force to be used again now, it got beyond a joke now.

Sorry for the novel, thought you might like some on the ground action! Also we haveb't been too close to any so far.