Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
The Greek Govt

Can't read that without giggling. :p

Then I realise all governments do it to us Greek style... :?

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Did anyone see the story on Today Tonight I think it was, about meat gluing? They use pigs blood and cow blood to make a bacterial glue then they put all the meat scraps into a roll like a big salami covered in glad wrap to harden. Then they slice the meat and its like a one piece steak. You cant tell it apart from a real cut to look at it or in taste but its got millions of bacteria added that regular meat doesnt have. If you dont cook it thoroughly you can end up really sick.
They reckon that restraunts get a huge amount of it coz its so cheap to buy. So always get your meat well done at a restraunt or a pub.

Offline stef_a

Some thoughts maybe reduce eating meat:

Seems like a lot of inventors/geniuses don't eat meat. Isaac Newton, Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci, Phythagoras, Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison, Steve Jobs all vegetarians.

Einstein's quote: “Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." "So I am living without fats, without meat, without fish, but am feeling quite well this way. It always seems to me that man was not born to be a carnivore"

Perhaps we don't need as much meat as we are eating now, especially those processed ones.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Seems like a lot of inventors/geniuses don't eat meat. Isaac Newton, Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci, Phythagoras, Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison, Steve Jobs all vegetarians.

Guess what all these vegetarians have in common...

All but one of them are dead, and that last one is sick and dying publicly.

I'm happy being only Mensa intelligent and alive, whilst enjoying loads of meat.

Btw, went to Sostas again last night, gotta love the 700g t bone with chimmichurri. :yummy:

Offline stef_a

Michael Jackson was also a vegetarian and seemed to be dead.

But there are also some others who seem to be alive and well in Hollywood:  Orlando Bloom, Brad Pitt, Anne Hathaway, Gwyneth Paltrow.

Don't get me wrong not trying to push being a veggie, but I think we don't need to eat as much as we are right now. I started looking at meat in different way after accidentaly seeing a video of how the animals were raised and butchered (warning: don't watch if you still want to eat your meat without feeling guilt).

I also beleive enjoying fine food and pleasure is the way to live life, so personally I just make it 1 meal of the day without spilling any blood.

Offline dkabab

eat what ever you like.... my housemate eats cereal 3 meals a day, and is one of the fittest people i know.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I can go for maybe 4 or 5 days fine on a low meat diet, but then I can feel the effects, and a good meaty meal is the fix.

Everything in moderation.

I can't do veal, I really object to that kind of preparation, but anything else is good.

had some steak tonight, but it was from the freezer and only average quality... I over cooked it a bit, but it still hit the spot.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

If you don't eat meat then the animal will have died for nothing. Give it a purpose in its death.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Sylvester Stallone ate lots of meat before filming Rocky because it gave him that stupid vacant look.