Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Yes, I wanted to go but couldn't for that reason.

I don't have to see 3093 F430s, 458s, Gallardos, Murcielagos etc at such events... You can see heaps of modern 'exotics' any given day on chapel st or toorak rd.  WGAF.

I would much rather a 'coffee and cars' event where you can see unusual and interesting cars from all eras and styles... cars from the 1950s-2013 with a bit variation: modern exotics next to muscle cars next to euro classics from the '60s and '70s, Japanese classics, etc.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Yes, I wanted to go but couldn't for that reason.

I don't have to see 3093 F430s, 458s, Gallardos, Murcielagos etc at such events... You can see heaps of modern 'exotics' any given day on chapel st or toorak rd.  WGAF.

I would much rather a 'coffee and cars' event where you can see unusual and interesting cars from all eras and styles... cars from the 1950s-2013 with a bit variation: modern exotics next to muscle cars next to euro classics from the '60s and '70s, Japanese classics, etc.

Me too. Unfortunately we just don't have that many of the older and interesting classics around. They don't have to be uber expensive exotics either. What about adding the classic motorbikes?

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Me too. Unfortunately we just don't have that many of the older and interesting classics around. They don't have to be uber expensive exotics either. What about adding the classic motorbikes?

Yep old and new bikes would be cool, too.   

I agree that there just aren't the number of interesting classics (or even supercars) to put on a huge US style spread, but I think there would be enough low and medium grade Euro classics, US and Aussie Muscle/classics (mixed in with more modern stuff) to put on an interesting show.  To be honest, I'd be quite happy with a 'run what ya brung' type scenario, but you"d need controls so dickheads don't ruin it by doing burnouts on exit, etc.  Also need to ensure that non-ateending cars don't turn up and cause mischief, either. 

I'd just like to turn up and see some interesting cars from different eras that aren't on the roads Mon-Fri or haul the kids to school etc.   

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Yep old and new bikes would be cool, too.   

I agree that there just aren't the number of interesting classics (or even supercars) to put on a huge US style spread, but I think there would be enough low and medium grade Euro classics, US and Aussie Muscle/classics (mixed in with more modern stuff) to put on an interesting show.  To be honest, I'd be quite happy with a 'run what ya brung' type scenario, but you"d need controls so dickheads don't ruin it by doing burnouts on exit, etc.  Also need to ensure that non-ateending cars don't turn up and cause mischief, either. 

I'd just like to turn up and see some interesting cars from different eras that aren't on the roads Mon-Fri or haul the kids to school etc.

I think that would be quite an interesting format.
You don't need the bogans attending to have stupid incidents. Remember the 599 that left the FCA concour in a massive burnout or the 355 H/D spec accident a couple of years ago?