Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Coming tomorrow?

How long does it take to get into Melb from Geelong at 5pm??? I am guessing it will be a nightmare.......    :?

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
How long does it take to get into Melb from Geelong at 5pm??? I am guessing it will be a nightmare.......    :?
You are going against the traffic so you should be fine.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
You are going against the traffic so you should be fine.

Believe it or not it's still crap.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Believe it or not it's still crap.

I believe it. I cant believe what a concrete jungle Melbourne has turned into. Unless you know exactly where you are and where youre going its become a nightmare.

Offline Aircon

I believe it. I cant believe what a concrete jungle Melbourne has turned into. Unless you know exactly where you are and where youre going its become a nightmare.

It's only happened over the last 5 or so years that even the freeways have become a mess. Inner suburban streets have been a bit crap since forever, but the freeways...that's relatively new, and I don't understand why.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

It's only happened over the last 5 or so years that even the freeways have become a mess. Inner suburban streets have been a bit crap since forever, but the freeways...that's relatively new, and I don't understand why.

Because the Public transport system is rooted!!! Last time I was down there without a car, it drove me nuts. One train line was broken so we had to jump off the train onto a Bus and then back onto a Train!!!

And the ticket system!! Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Offline Aircon

Because the Public transport system is rooted!!! Last time I was down there without a car, it drove me nuts. One train line was broken so we had to jump off the train onto a Bus and then back onto a Train!!!

And the ticket system!! Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I quite like it and have always found it to be reliable.

Nothing wrong with myki either.

whinger!

Offline 98octane

That's why I now ride to work everyday (30km return) and try to drive around the inner suburbs etc only off-peak.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I quite like it and have always found it to be reliable.

Nothing wrong with myki either.

whinger!

Well, I haven't found it reliable, it's been a pain in the arse!!!

And the Myki is a pain in the arse, I have to have one in my wallet just for my trips down there which are pretty rare now.

Not whinging, just speaking on my experience. And now they only give you 1 hour free travel on a VLine ticket!! Used to be the whole day……

That's why I now ride to work everyday (30km return) and try to drive around the inner suburbs etc only off-peak.

I would ride too, only I have too much shit to cart around……

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully

Remember when they built city link a decade or so ago, part of the deal was that they narrowed the former major feeder roads into the city slowing down traffic and forcing cars to use the toll roads? Feeder roads that used to be 2 lanes each way became one and they got rid of clear ways, built bike lanes and all sorts of sundry shit. A decade later we have more than 2 million EXTRA cars on Melbourne's roads (fact) and all the feeder roads are still throttled. The western suburbs have seen monumental population growth and very little infrastructure growth in the last decade. My commute to work has literally doubled in time in the last 10 years.
Any new infrastructure we get will be tolled too.
Oh, and have they done anything of substance to fix the public transport in the west? Don't be stupid, they are still arguing about it 
:doh: