Online Neru

Last week I decided to have a crack at the share market using some tips on this forum. I bought a subscription to AFR just as 360C recommended (helped that it was 50% off for 6 months) and did some research of couple of companies. I stuck to resource sector as I had a bit more knowledge within the area compared to other sectors. I figured this was a good time to learn since my expenses are at a minimum and picking the right share is a better investment that banking on accumulated interest.

First trade was LNG, a Natural Gas company with new technology. Since purchasing I managed to double my money ($1000 investment).

Next purchase was OILEX, initially trading at 12cents they have been in talks for new projects with some company. Bought it as a long term investment. Since purchasing has couple of cents (initial investment $600)

Last purchase was Lamboo, a small graphite company which has made a large deal with China to supply graphite. Graphite is currently in demand due to increase of electric cars, the company plans to go into production next week which should see share prices boost. (Initial invest of $600, bought for 82 cents now trading at 90 cents)

Got a few more companies I'm watching at the moment, its a great way to kill time researching up coming companies and projects. Thanks for everyone for share trading tips, I'm hoping for more gains within the market  :D

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Last week I decided to have a crack at the share market using some tips on this forum. I bought a subscription to AFR just as 360C recommended (helped that it was 50% off for 6 months) and did some research of couple of companies. I stuck to resource sector as I had a bit more knowledge within the area compared to other sectors. I figured this was a good time to learn since my expenses are at a minimum and picking the right share is a better investment that banking on accumulated interest.

First trade was LNG, a Natural Gas company with new technology. Since purchasing I managed to double my money ($1000 investment).

Next purchase was OILEX, initially trading at 12cents they have been in talks for new projects with some company. Bought it as a long term investment. Since purchasing has couple of cents (initial investment $600)

Last purchase was Lamboo, a small graphite company which has made a large deal with China to supply graphite. Graphite is currently in demand due to increase of electric cars, the company plans to go into production next week which should see share prices boost. (Initial invest of $600, bought for 82 cents now trading at 90 cents)

Got a few more companies I'm watching at the moment, its a great way to kill time researching up coming companies and projects. Thanks for everyone for share trading tips, I'm hoping for more gains within the market  :D.

Are you going to buy trading software? I've always found it very handy for short term trading, if you're going to do any.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Are you going to buy trading software? I've always found it very handy for short term trading, if you're going to do any.

there's lots of free stuff on the net and lots of torrents available as well.  If you get some charting software, comsec has end of day data.

Neru, congratulations on some succesful trades in an environment of difficult trading

Offline pku

Well done Neru. As you are just starting out, try to lock in some realised profit to build your base capital. (Don't lose sleep if the stock doubles or triples in the next week while the outlay is still small). If you want to day trade you will one day take a hit on a speccy, hunch or "tip". It will really hurt if that bites into your initial outlay to enter into the market as a first time trader as all you see is the loss on your investment. Don't trust share/investment forums (AE should be ok) , most people are just talking their book. Good luck.

Online Neru

there's lots of free stuff on the net and lots of torrents available as well.  If you get some charting software, comsec has end of day data.

Neru, congratulations on some succesful trades in an environment of difficult trading

Thanks Arthur, I trying to finish off my book so I can hit some good books on share trading. I'll have a look for some torrents on the topic

Well done Neru. As you are just starting out, try to lock in some realised profit to build your base capital. (Don't lose sleep if the stock doubles or triples in the next week while the outlay is still small). If you want to day trade you will one day take a hit on a speccy, hunch or "tip". It will really hurt if that bites into your initial outlay to enter into the market as a first time trader as all you see is the loss on your investment. Don't trust share/investment forums (AE should be ok) , most people are just talking their book. Good luck.

Good advice pku, I've invest 2k so far and was gonna invest a little more when I have some more funds. I might just stick with initial investment for now. 

Cheers PP, haven't given much thought to trading software....will do some research into it