Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Long story short - for the new Uber office (which is a giant shed) we bought in a container of interlocking recycled plastic floor tiles.

They are water, petrol, most car fluid resistant and just click together. After checking local prices, it was cheaper to get a whole container in and our guys laid them in a few weeks.

Good things are they go in quick and are pretty robust. Easy to cut, easy to lay. (PA joke to be inserted here with witty Ash rejoinder).

Bad things are that they really need to be on a flat surface, they discolour slightly in harsh sunlight (fine in normal garage situations) and if you lay them over 650 odd square meters, then you get 100 software developers to walk all over them, all day - then they make humans into little static lightning rods    :)

The 600 odd m2 currently laid (mostly black, blue red, white) and the 600m2 odd still in boxes (mainly grey, green, orange) all need to go - so the company gym can be finished up.

What I need is an enterprising member to pick em up, take them away and sell them - I've already funded them so it's cost free stock for someone entrepreneurial to go sell with dollars to be split between us and seller.

PM me for details. Pix of em laid below.
C'mon, do it!

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

........and if you lay them over 650 odd square meters, then you get 100 software developers to walk all over them, all day - then they make humans into little static lightning rods    :)

I must be going a little Nerdy, 'cos I first thought that's not funny!!! That's  :argh:  !!!!!!!

But really, it's hilarious!!!!!!!     :p :D

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

What brand are they?

And do you need a plough or other tool to lift them up?

And is it a 20 or 40 ft containers worth?

Offline allanuber

What brand are they?

And do you need a plough or other tool to lift them up?

And is it a 20 or 40 ft containers worth?

Chinese brand. They are the same as the samples the local guy had, so I assume they all come out of the same sweatshop. 20" container worth. About 40% laid on the floor, the rest all still in their pretty boxes.

For a normal garage I think they're a good, cheap way to cover the floor, for an IT shop ... well, lets just say live and learn   :)

C'mon, do it!

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Hi Allan,

if u r willing to split - I'd take 100m2 off u subject to price and also shipping cost to SA 5072.

Was thinking of options to line garage floor and this looks like it would do the job - not fussed bout colour.

Alvin
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline allanuber

Hi Allan,

if u r willing to split - I'd take 100m2 off u subject to price and also shipping cost to SA 5072.

Was thinking of options to line garage floor and this looks like it would do the job - not fussed bout colour.

Alvin

Hi mate,

I'm trying very hard for this not to become another job for me or Uber staff - awesome there's a customer out there in your good self already  :)

Let me see if anyone gets onboard here and if not I'll get one of our infra guys to work out how to get you the tiles.

You could be sneakier, take the whole 600-650m2, lay your 100m2 then sell the rest off and tip me a few bucks  :)

Al

C'mon, do it!

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
LOL Al - As much sense as it makes, If only I had the time!!!  :)
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Hi Allan,

Alvin

I may also be interested for my new place. I'm planning tiles at the moment but if there's a link that gives details on the product I may consider it. If so I'll go about 50 squ meters and I can split shipping with Alvin.