Offline dkabab

i dont know much about them, and there doesnt look like much too them either. im sure PA will chip in more info.
but if 7k is the buy it now, even at that price, its a pretty good price. go karts go for similar money, im sure with a wrx engine its got  some stick!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
First ask yourself what you want to do with it - the main point I would be looking at a Formula Vee is so I could race in the series - I don't know the rules in and out but I suspect stuffing a modern high performance turbo engine in there may slightly send you astray of the rules.

If you just want to do personal laps and hillclimbs - look more into it and it might be worthwhile.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Have you got some good spannering skills? Doing 200k's in something made of pipecleaners seems like a great idea till something goes amiss. I've wanted something similarly stripped out, but capable of being able to hit the road and some of the engineering you see on older vehicles boggles the mind. This one might be solid as a rock, but account for a few grand of professional inspection and tinkering just in case. It's not cheap if you unexpectedly leave the track at speed.

...edit - to put it in perspective this is what I ended up buying.

C'mon, do it!

Offline Gooch

Cool folks,

Interested in the hillclimbs, one lap wonders!

Cheers

Offline Gooch

Have you got some good spannering skills? Doing 200k's in something made of pipecleaners seems like a great idea till something goes amiss. I've wanted something similarly stripped out, but capable of being able to hit the road and some of the engineering you see on older vehicles boggles the mind. This one might be solid as a rock, but account for a few grand of professional inspection and tinkering just in case. It's not cheap if you unexpectedly leave the track at speed.

Point taken I would expect I will need about another 10 - 15k spare just in case saves me buying an evo or something and boy I wonder what the 0-100 time would be?

Is that an SEight? They rock! cant be many of them around!

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

I would keep to a regulation Formula Vee. The class rules are very tight to ensure that you cant buy a trophy. The racing is fantastic. Lap times are around 1:25 for Mallala. They are a hoot to drive. That car may have been a Formula Vee but I doubt it as Formula Vee are Space frame only and that shows a professional Monocoque inside. It may be something like a Formula Junior or some other class.

Look into these cars.
83 Spectrum $4,000

Elfin NG

These would be much easier to resell and a lot more options to use them as the Formula Vee's are on the program and specials rarely.