Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

My question for this thread is - what is the recommendation on private jet as i'm gunna purchase - it will however need to have loading facilities for an Aston and suitable privacy screened areas for my 6 ft supermodel sometimes girlfriend. Please post sensible answers as I am busy this school holidays.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I've been Business to Europe perhaps 7 times, mostly Business, once First and, in the early days, Economy.  Also to the USA, mostly business several times, though recently did Honolulu economy.  I sometimes travel on points otherwise my own money.  Rupert Murdock insists on taking me away once a year to somewhere nice, always Economy. (I sometimes delegate this one - not because of the seat category).  After all this experience, I still don't have a firm view.  I've had great fun travelling with a large family group (or even bigger corporate group) in Economy and I've had some so-so trips in Business.  I recall thinking before the last Hawaii trip that I could buy a new Holden with the difference between J and Y for the family and just couldn't bring myself to spend the extra.  I'd rather spend it on the ground with a better hotel room etc.  Short answer - I mix it up.  On points, I'll always look for J or F but sometimes it's hard to justify it when buying for the family.  $50K on J seats or say $12K for Y seats.  That's a lot of coin to blow in less than a day!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

My question for this thread is - what is the recommendation on private jet as i'm gunna purchase - it will however need to have loading facilities for an Aston and suitable privacy screened areas for my 6 ft supermodel sometimes girlfriend. Please post sensible answers as I am busy this school holidays.

LOL. :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Maybe its a relative comfort thing, if Futursim is a short thin build (he does drive a lotus) he may be well comfortable enough in economy and cant see the benefit that the usual fat bastard business man sees :)

lol - I'm a big fat bastard(well not so much now) and I drive a Lotus.......    :p

I flew Cattle once and that was only to Fiji!!!  Never again!!!!!!!

Then again, most of my business flying is done in small planes to rural or remote areas, don’t get on the big buggers that often….

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

So fly.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4s6H4ku6ZY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4s6H4ku6ZY</a>

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
I've done it a couple of times and will be flying business to the US next month (using points), if I was in a position to pay for it for every flight I would do so without hesitation.

My work trips to Syd/Melb each month are in economy and I'm ok with that, but anything over 5-6hrs and I struggle.

It's great arrving overseas feeling refreshed after a good nights sleep!

Offline mtarone

I don't fly business with kids. Mine are still young and are way too noisy, want to swap seats and usually fall asleep all over us. I tend to think its something I wouldn't want in business class, so why inflict it upon others.

And for Alan, I recommend the Pilatus PC12. There is one on order for a private owner in Adelaide that should be winging its way over here soon. http://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/

It cant fit an Aston, but bugger it ship it over before you get there!  :D

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
the screens wont save you if your 6' super model is school age........

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

I've been Business to Europe perhaps 7 times, mostly Business, once First and, in the early days, Economy.  Also to the USA, mostly business several times, though recently did Honolulu economy.  I sometimes travel on points otherwise my own money.  Rupert Murdock insists on taking me away once a year to somewhere nice, always Economy. (I sometimes delegate this one - not because of the seat category).  After all this experience, I still don't have a firm view.  I've had great fun travelling with a large family group (or even bigger corporate group) in Economy and I've had some so-so trips in Business.  I recall thinking before the last Hawaii trip that I could buy a new Holden with the difference between J and Y for the family and just couldn't bring myself to spend the extra.  I'd rather spend it on the ground with a better hotel room etc.  Short answer - I mix it up.  On points, I'll always look for J or F but sometimes it's hard to justify it when buying for the family.  $50K on J seats or say $12K for Y seats.  That's a lot of coin to blow in less than a day!

agreed Mark. Thats why I said this thread was silly...........we all do what we do depending on the conditions.........oh, except for that guy with Supermodel girlfriend.
Always Gunna

Offline mtarone

This came to mind:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c</a>