Offline Iggy_Type_R

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My question for this thread is - what is the recommendation on private jet as i'm gunna purchase - it will however need to have loading facilities for an Aston and suitable privacy screened areas for my 6 ft supermodel sometimes girlfriend. Please post sensible answers as I am busy this school holidays.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Offline viso

if you value sleep, food and alcohol go business!
the few times i have i have never regretted it (although i didn't pay so I'm not complaining either way!)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
It depends on airlines and planes used.

I'm a little over 6ft 2, and I find some planes horrible in economy, but most are just fine.

I've flown Business a few times too, but only on Singapore airlines. The lounges and facilities are all really nice and where the value is IMO. The flights themselves are really not appreciably better than the economy seats on the same airline.

I'm off to Italy on the weekend for just a week, going economy on Emirates. But one of the guys is in Business and booked a day or two later... but due to bookings, he needs to bounce in KL and Dubai before arriving Venice from a different flight.... So my economy flight is a better trip duration as I'm MEL-DUBAI-VENICE direct, with less upsndowns which IMO contribute to jetlag.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

....with less upsndowns which IMO contribute to jetlag.

Never had that problem!!!!    :D

Offline Slickaz

• Hulk...SMASH!

• Name: Slick
I guess i also asked from an advice perspective. Im just starting off with my biz, first time with a pretty hefty income, i could be stupid and blow 10gs on one flight business. But i asked to see what the thought pattern is with successful people.
You guys didnt get to owning ferraris and maseratis by blowing all your money on stupid shit, but obviously comfort is pretty important. So the question was from a "im starting with the $ but ami right to justify blowing $$ on something like business class?"
How important do successful people place such comforts as.

Thats where i was coming from.
Hulk...SMASH!

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I guess i also asked from an advice perspective. Im just starting off with my biz, first time with a pretty hefty income, i could be stupid and blow 10gs on one flight business. But i asked to see what the thought pattern is with successful people.
You guys didnt get to owning ferraris and maseratis by blowing all your money on stupid shit, but obviously comfort is pretty important. So the question was from a "im starting with the $ but ami right to justify blowing $$ on something like business class?"
How important do successful people place such comforts as.

Thats where i was coming from.

I could have earlier this year but did not.

Put it this way
what it the missed oportunity cost of spending the extra $$ on the 1 flight as opposed to spending it on some marketing or even a second trip?

Spend it when you have got it established, untill then spend it were you need to.

The adivce I give to the younger ones
Earning $10 when 20 is the equivilant of earning $100 when you are 30 due to what you can get the $10 to do in 10 years

Offline Joel

Dude spend your money how you see fit. I got mates who can just afford business and do it and I have mates who can buy planes that fly economy.

Business you might find someone to chat too who is a great help for your company. Or you might get stuck next to a guy who wants to sleep and tells you to get f*cked. Same goes with economy.

If you have to ask then you obviously don't want to do it or cant actually afford it.

Offline TomE

I asked one of my clients why he doesn't fly business when he could buy out the plane.
He said it sets a tone for his employees and his business. Wasteful spending is not on.
Just another view. 

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I've been Business to Europe perhaps 7 times, mostly Business, once First and, in the early days, Economy.  Also to the USA, mostly business several times, though recently did Honolulu economy.  I sometimes travel on points otherwise my own money.  Rupert Murdock insists on taking me away once a year to somewhere nice, always Economy. (I sometimes delegate this one - not because of the seat category).  After all this experience, I still don't have a firm view.  I've had great fun travelling with a large family group (or even bigger corporate group) in Economy and I've had some so-so trips in Business.  I recall thinking before the last Hawaii trip that I could buy a new Holden with the difference between J and Y for the family and just couldn't bring myself to spend the extra.  I'd rather spend it on the ground with a better hotel room etc.  Short answer - I mix it up.  On points, I'll always look for J or F but sometimes it's hard to justify it when buying for the family.  $50K on J seats or say $12K for Y seats.  That's a lot of coin to blow in less than a day!

Absolutely spot on.
Doesn't stop my whinging and bitching when I have to go cattle class with a 2 yr old, a 4 yr old and a wife (who is just as pissed off) though   :argh:

When I do go business or first class it's on points and always long haul flights.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I never sleep on planes without some help from my friend valium or mogadon.

On return legs I try to stay a night in a transit country to get my sleep patterns back in order.  Helps when you have to go back to work straight away.

Better choices of drugs than those these days. Best avoid too much alcohol as well.