Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Just seen tonight's 1st division prize has no winners so it'll be close to $100m next week.

Spoke to a mate today about sharing a system 20 for around $84k.

Didn't do it but wrote down 10 numbers each.

Got 1 number and 1 supp.

Means we have $168k for next week. :p

If you have that much cash laying around and you're willing to look at risk, for high return - then you should be taking a stake in a few of the good startups around.

Odds are marginally better than winning Oz lotto - returns could be just as high.

C'mon, do it!

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
The burdon of wealth :scratchchin:
I think I would be quite happy to shoulder the burdon.... ;)

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I think I would be quite happy to shoulder the burdon.... ;)

Yeah me too, I like a challenge.

Offline dkabab

If you have that much cash laying around and you're willing to look at risk, for high return - then you should be taking a stake in a few of the good startups around.

Great idea.... Did I mention I need some startup Capitol for a business I'm starting scudly? :p

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I heard a third of the population bought tickets, and still no one won, gee makes your quick pick plumb new depths in terms of ridiculously pathetic.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I heard a third of the population bought tickets, and still no one won, gee makes your quick pick plumb new depths in terms of ridiculously pathetic.
When someone does win a big lotto its often more than one ticket holder, yet other times no one wins. I had a friend get 5 and a supp one time, approx $12k, so close but no where near close enough. Sure would make a nice Christmas present.  :tilt:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
The infamous "Punters Club" spring to mind......

"Tasmanian-born punter Zeljko Ranogajec carries the reputation of being the biggest punter in the world. He is said to account for 6 to 8 per cent of the turnover of Tabcorp, with his outlays reportedly as much as $1 billion a year. The former blackjack player started out as part of a Hobart-based punters syndicate called the Bank Roll, which operated out of a hotel and used complex computer algorithms to win at the Keno lottery game Ė the syndicateís big wins are reported to have included at $7.5 million jackpot during the 1990s. Ranogajec has never given an interview, but took his bookmaker to court in 2008 and revealed that his syndicate had won more than $44 million betting on US racing over a three-and-a-half year period.

The syndicate, which bets on races all over the world, uses computer systems to place huge numbers and varieties of bets just before a race begins, relying on a combination of winning bets and rebates from betting companies on losing bets (these companies are desperate for Rangojecís extraordinary turnover) to make a profit. Ranogajecís net worth is unknown, but reports suggest he is fighting a $900 million tax battle with the Australian Taxation Office from his current base in Europe."

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
...place huge numbers and varieties of bets just before a race begins, relying on a combination of winning bets and rebates from betting companies on losing bets to make a profit.

Sounds similar to the sting carried out on one of the boys who came on the early Sunday runs a few years back, he's a bookie and right before the dogs jumped a syndicate slammed loads of cash on all the dogs NOT the clear favourite, bumping the favourite's odds right up so that when he won the bookie was left with a huge payout to provide - or something like that.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
The infamous "Punters Club" spring to mind......

"Tasmanian-born punter Zeljko Ranogajec carries the reputation of being the biggest punter in the world. He is said to account for 6 to 8 per cent of the turnover of Tabcorp, with his outlays reportedly as much as $1 billion a year.

Is he the guy with a car museum in Tassie? One of the Syndicate from Adelaide ran off with his Asian girlfriend and his ex-wife has spent 15 million dollars trying to get her cut of his hidden money. I dont get why she just didnt invest the 15 million and live happily ever after.
Apparently something like 70 or 80% of their bets lose but the wins make them many millions a year.

Offline BigD

About 8 months ago the 23 year old kid in front of me at a Tatts outlet got his ticket checked and had won $5million. He had just bought a house and his girlfriend was moving in. The Tatts agent said he had better get some advice from both a financial adviser and his solicitor.

I can't think how I would have dealt with that sort of money if I was 23 (young and reckless) compared to now (older and wiser).