Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
He was at a charity fundraiser for the Philippines and taking people for rides in his new GT. Sounds like he let a friend of his drive it and they crashed at over 100mph. Ive seen 150 quoted as an estimate.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
He was at a charity fundraiser for the Philippines and taking people for rides in his new GT. Sounds like he let a friend of his drive it and they crashed at over 100mph. Ive seen 150 quoted as an estimate.
I believe it's his own charity (reach out world wide) and he was hosting an event at his own shop. The car is owned by Roger Rodas who is a car collector and ex racing car driver.
Best wishes for his family and friends.
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
I believe it's his own charity (reach out world wide) and he was hosting an event at his own shop. The car is owned by Roger Rodas who is a car collector and ex racing car driver.
Best wishes for his family and friends.

It sounds like Roger Rodas was in the car at the time as well
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline beankeen456

It sounds like Roger Rodas was in the car at the time as well
Yeah, I've heard he was the driver.

Offline dkabab

I've read a few reports that it was a hoax.... Not sure what to believe

Actually just read one that says the hoax was 3 days ago, saying he died in a car crash.... Then today he actually did... Wtf

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I've read a few reports that it was a hoax.... Not sure what to believe

Actually just read one that says the hoax was 3 days ago, saying he died in a car crash.... Then today he actually did... Wtf

I would love it if this were just a fuck you to the hoax crowd and they let us run with it for a few months, then they bring out FnF7 and he shows up on the red carpet, "Like what's up bro? Oh yeah that was just another internet hoax thing.".

Offline Ali_R

• Drives: 2006 Subaru Impreza
  • Name: Aloush!
I would love it if this were just a fuck you to the hoax crowd and they let us run with it for a few months, then they bring out FnF7 and he shows up on the red carpet, "Like what's up bro? Oh yeah that was just another internet hoax thing.".
^^ I really wanna believe that :( RIP

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
He was leaving AE Performance, a workshop and race team he co-owned with Roger Rodas who was the owner and driver of the Carrera GT.

Seems like they may have been in convoy with a few other car enthusiasts as John Zhang, better known as car photographer 1013MM, was first on the scene which he described on his Facebook page.

"To all those adding/messaging me on my personal Facebook page because you saw my sticker on the car (not my car btw..) in the Paul Walker crash video... To answer your question, yes, I one of the first few people there on the scene. When my 5 friends and I got there, there was already a couple on the phone with 911. The passenger side (Paul Walker) of the car was already crushed and burning and the driver (Roger) was unconscious/dead. The first thing I did was get out of my car and call 911 while walking towards the burning porsche with a couple of the friends while a couple of them sped back to AE Performance to find help. The fire was burning so hot that you could feel it across the 5 lane street. We tried to walk towards the car and sparks started to pop out of the car which made it extremely unsafe to go towards more than 30 feet. By the time help was on the scene the whole car was engulfed in flames. Nothing will ever get rid of this traumatizing and shocking experience out of my head. Forever RIP Paul Walker and Roger..."