Offline app

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26302811-5006301,00.html

Person killed in car explosion
Article from: The Advertiser

November 03, 2009 10:30pm

Advertiser photographer Matt Turner was one of the first at the scene of this car explosion and fire tonight.

A PERSON is dead after an explosion and car fire in North Adelaide tonight.

Witnesses reported that a person entered the car on Mackinnon Pde shortly before an explosion and fire about 10pm.

When firefighters arrived the car was well alight. A body was found in the car once the fire was extinguished.

Police explosive technicians are on their way to the crime scene.

Any witnesses who have not spoken to police are asked to contact BankSA Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

DID YOU WITNESS THIS EVENT? Contact us by leaving your details in the comment box below and SMS your videos or pictures to 0429 078 685 or email them to pictorial@adv.newsltd.com.au

Offline M500

Offline app

Adelaide's underbelly

Interesting first comment...

Anyone else thinking that this was a bomb? Even when cars catch fire, they very rarely explode. Something sounds suspicious.
Posted by: Darren of Adelaide 11:04pm today

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
Good photograph... worthy of publishing here.

edit: app beat me to it but is that the Google Maps Street View Guy?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
dragon, you have an interesting brain, I cant believe you looked at that pic and came up with that

would a car explode if it was lpg and there was an issue? I remember an entire house going up and a few people dying when some guys tried to install an lpg system in their car at home a few years back

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
probably upset by hearing the treasurer has depression or worse probably got his land tax bill in
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

would a car explode if it was lpg and there was an issue? I remember an entire house going up and a few people dying when some guys tried to install an lpg system in their car at home a few years back

Not generally - if the LPG conversion is done correctly they do not explode but when the safety value goes it turns into a flame thrower. I have seen a number of vehicle fires, with a few on LPG and have never seen any explode. The only time I have seen a vehicle explosion from it being on fire was when the fuel tank was fairly much empty and full of fumes. But that was a controlled training excise and it was set up to explode.   

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
dragon, you have an interesting brain, I cant believe you looked at that pic and came up with that

Yeah, perhaps a little obscure now that I look at it. I put it down to the fact that it was late at night and that google maps street view guy is everywhere.

As long as you found this mildly amusing or interesting my job here is done.