Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Alright guys, travel section time.

Just finalising a trip to Phuket (well honeymoon really) later in the year. So was wondering if anyone has an experience/suggestions of things to do and see whilst in Phuket if we decide to come up for air  :mischief:

Been looking at the Elephant trekking, speedboat island hopping, getting reccommendation of ping pong and goldfish extravaganzas.

Anything else anyone has will be good.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Alright guys, travel section time.

Just finalising a trip to Phuket (well honeymoon really) later in the year. So was wondering if anyone has an experience/suggestions of things to do and see whilst in Phuket if we decide to come up for air  :mischief:

Been looking at the Elephant trekking, speedboat island hopping, getting reccommendation of ping pong and goldfish extravaganzas.

Anything else anyone has will be good.

Technically speaking Jim all going well you won't have time for anything else.  :thumbsup:  Congrats and good luck.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
My biggest suggestion for Phuket is to not go. It's worse than even Koh Samui.

Although, if you're staying in a resort and don't leave it's probably OK.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
We are staying at a resort so won't need to leave if needs be. Though the island tours sound good. Don't think we will be hitting the nightlife too much

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I think they do Tiger experience there... where you get to go in a compind with a live Tiger and stroke it etc...

memorbale, but stoopid IMO

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

How do you pronounce this correctly, is "Foo Ket" - "Poo Ket" or just "F*ck it"!!!  <---- Honeymoon joke.   :D

I think they do Tiger experience there... where you get to go in a compind with a live Tiger and stroke it etc...

Is "Tiger" Jim's pet name for you know what????    :teehee:

Offline coolio

We are staying at a resort so won't need to leave if needs be. Though the island tours sound good. Don't think we will be hitting the nightlife too much

Hi Jim,

I got back from Phuket late Jan from the honeymoon. We stayed in Chalong Bay in the south east of the island. We did an island hopping day trip with swimming and snorkeling  that I would recommend. www.similanthailand.com. This was the 1 day trip and we enjoyed it. The hotel will have some tours etc also so it may be best to wait until you arrive and book then. We booked this one through our hotel.

Enjoy

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
i was there for chrissy/new years. Too many bogans in reality but a magical place nonetheless.

The tiger temple is near the Thailand Cambodia border so unless your staying in Bangkok you won't see it.

The island hopping by speed boat is a must, but use a company that doesn't overload the boats, lastyear there was a crash and people died when they booked a really cheap speed boat, basically it was cheap because they had too many people on the boat....

I used destination Asia for tours and transfers in Bangkok and Phuket, very professional, very safe (which is most important) they speak english. http://www.destination-asia.com/thailand/about/

I did get stranded on Bamboo island for a couple of hours because the tide left and the boat was tranded for a while, but it was a national park island so no one lived there, so being on a deserted island with the missus was pretty epic in a good way. Snorkleing, the beach from the movie the Island was nice. Elephant ride was surprisingly relaxing. PS. their lobsters are much nicer than the ones we get here, they have more meat in them, different breed of lobster

Phucket is safe but always be weary like iny other place you travel to.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
and for the record I enjoyed Bangkok more than phuket, but the tours to the islands in phuket brought up the standard of phuket experience
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline coolio

My other tip is if you like wine then take it with you. It is extremely expensive in Thailand. The good news  is if you like beer it is cheap over there.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Gadgets and Technology ] Apple iPhone JBO Today at 06:48
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast mhh Today at 01:02
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante amgsl55 Yesterday at 21:18
[ Lamborghini ] The cool Lamborghini photo thread andecorp Yesterday at 20:48
[ Cars ] Spotted thread TJB Yesterday at 13:53
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate Joey Yesterday at 13:02
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S psw Tue, 27 Jun, 2017 - 21:52