Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Actually, I think you will find that it can't be done as a DIY here in Vic, needs to be done by a Plumber.

Can't find the info just at the moment but I think this is the case in SA as well.

well I stand corrected, silly law really, is it a case of protecting an industry or protecting the consumers assets?  I guess it depends how well your hands and brains work -  having said that I have seen some real shocking work by apprentice plumbers who have worked under supervision -  needless to say I corrected their work with the blessing (and inspection) of the plumbing firms owner.

The industry that I am bemused by is the cabling industry - you even need to have a licence to lay and terminate data cable

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The industry that I am bemused by is the cabling industry - you even need to have a licence to lay and terminate data cable

lol - they give out data cabling licenses to Sparkies and the amount of dodgy cable running and termination is beyond a joke really......

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

You'll find in many cases it's alarmingly easy to get certified for most domestic/light industrial service work.

Often, just an evening class or so.

At school, we were taught to wire a plug/change a tap washer etc.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

You'll find in many cases it's alarmingly easy to get certified for most domestic/light industrial service work.

Often, just an evening class or so.

At school, we were taught to wire a plug/change a tap washer etc.

youtube is often easier

thats what I used when I wanted to learn how to operate a bobcat to level some land.

Offline j15

Rightio, I will check out getting the gear myself. I will have a plumber do the install though.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

youtube is often easier

thats what I used when I wanted to learn how to operate a bobcat to level some land.
:eek:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

hahahahaha - I wasn't going to say it.    :D

we're not talking about rocket science

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_jSxZc5_jk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi9tOILaiNs&feature=related

the trick is to get your foot and hand co-ordination just right, the youtube video to show you how the maneuver the bucket for optimal effect, and on an empty block there's no damage that can be done

Offline Paulstar

youtube is often easier

:thumbsup:

Offline 98octane

my place is about 10 years old
the pipe above the taps that goes to the shower head started leaking
it ended up costing me over 2k to get fixed plus painting the downstairs ceiling myself to cover the water damage etc

3 different plumbers were needed to correctly diagnose and fix it, and now the tiles in my shower dont quite match and it made a huge mess!

good luck!

That's been the story at my (rented) apartment for the last 16 months. Extremely frustrating. Several plumbers later, we hope the problem is now fixed.