Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Just get the younger one to drive his older brother to the pool.

ROFL

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Hi Thought I would add my 2 cents worth...  Used to work in chemical industry, water treatment so know piping/pump issues big time.

You always have two issues with these type of systems; pressure and volume (flow).
Your pump will have a flow rate at a set pressure, and a maximum pressure that if you go over screws up the pump.
(you probably knew that but just to be sure)

The T piece isnt a problem if the nozzle oulets Restrict the flow evenly if not you will get different flows depending upon the openness of the restriction.   The Question is really about what you are trying to achieve,  the smaller the restriction the volume will have a higher velocity at a given pressure.

I suggest building it with the ability to change the restriction sizes of the nozzles so you can find the optimum for you swimming against the flow,  it may me large outlet high flow high volume or smaller outlet, high velocity, less flow less volume.    Look for a known system that works  and build close to that spec, keeping the ability to change outlet nozzles as described.

Hope that helps.

The last pic is the returns from the filter what i im trying to achieve is the least restriction but with balance flow from each outlet. What i know is that once a restriction ie the outlet, has reached its max flow rate (in the pic it would be the last outlet) any additional flow from the pump will top up the first outlet. Problem is each jet is rated at 300lpm and the pump is only 4000lpm so the balancing wont work in this configuration.

The swimjets are sorted i will be able to adjust flows and configurations after the pool is in.

Online David B

Ok sorry I actually missed the direct question.

The plumbing with the feed running in from the side is a serious no no, if you are at all trying to balance the flows.
you will always get differences between the two discharges.  Either A 90% flow through the (far discharge point from line in) and 10% at the other or  same flow (by restricting far discarge point) but its water velocity will be much higher.

You cant balance flow and velocity the same in each discharge with the one side feed in.

The way its done in industry is to change the diameter in the pipe so that the nearest discharge point has the largest diameter of the pipe and gets more pressure and therefore more flow than the furthest discharge point that has the narrowest diameter of feed pipe and so balances the extra pressure from the feed velocity.  this however has to be at a set pressure or flowrate into the feed pipe.  (a Headbox on a papermachine are designed like this.)

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

We had the same idea as you Les and bought the family a pool but I wouldn't know where to start installing it so had the professionals do it. They are trying to complete the job including landscaping before Christmas. When I left this morning there were 8 guys in the backyard. I've been told there will be even more tomorrow  :eek:

Can you send your guys over when you're finished with them

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Ok sorry I actually missed the direct question.

The plumbing with the feed running in from the side is a serious no no, if you are at all trying to balance the flows.
you will always get differences between the two discharges.  Either A 90% flow through the (far discharge point from line in) and 10% at the other or  same flow (by restricting far discarge point) but its water velocity will be much higher.

You cant balance flow and velocity the same in each discharge with the one side feed in.

The way its done in industry is to change the diameter in the pipe so that the nearest discharge point has the largest diameter of the pipe and gets more pressure and therefore more flow than the furthest discharge point that has the narrowest diameter of feed pipe and so balances the extra pressure from the feed velocity.  this however has to be at a set pressure or flowrate into the feed pipe.  (a Headbox on a papermachine are designed like this.)

We have found a solution to reduce the restriction in the tee will post pics once we have the bits.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
We have found a solution to reduce the restriction in the tee will post pics once we have the bits.

Does it involve an aftermarket turbo and a blow off valve?
C'mon, do it!

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Does it involve an aftermarket turbo and a blow off valve?

Omg and massive inter-cooler up front maaaate

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Y pieces in this set up.

http://www.spaparts.com.au/categories/Jets/Jets-%252d-Swim-Jets/

That's the exact jets and setup we are using only problem is that's a schematic the Y pieces for 50mm as far as i can find don't exist.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala