Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Dodger those claims have been in the public domain since March.

Joyce finally pulled the pin yesterday after the unions backed down from a promise they made in the AGM that there would be no more industrial action whilst final negotiations where underway.

The day after the AGM the unions announced renewed action - AGAINST the promises made in the AGM so he had no further place to stand.......this has all been in the public domain mate......

http://www.smh.com.au/business/deal-or-no-deal-joyce-rolls-the-dice-20111030-1mq52.html#ixzz1cEfkISVp

There you go , I only read the Age, well I have it delivered but only read the headlines, I get news from the ABC web site and ABC TV and free to air TV and I havent heard that before. Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

From another forum for what it's worth -

Pilots' forum that I frequent included an interesting tidbit: apparently Qantas has been quietly organising with a heavy freight company for weeks, to ship masses of equipment to Asia. Looking like this is all part of a plan to trash Qantas, start up another international airline overseas with the Qantas infrastructure, and ramp up Jetstar domestically. THAT's why Joyce got his pay rise ... I can't believe no-one saw this coming.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Business wise, brilliant plant .... for the Australian people.. not so good. I do believe they should be penalised in some way for deliberately causing this travel chaos though. The government would have to look at taking their licenses away for such a corporate plan.

Offline 986986

Business wise, brilliant plant .... for the Australian people.. not so good. I do believe they should be penalised in some way for deliberately causing this travel chaos though. The government would have to look at taking their licenses away for such a corporate plan.

What bullshit - the government had and has the power under the fair work act to end action at anytime.....as usual our government has done nothing.......

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Just saw the news Alan Joyce has stuffed the plans and in many cases left 10.s of thousands of people around the world stranded, he had no right to do this to so many people, without notice, regardless of the reasons.

He talks about the unions damaging the brand well he's just trashed it good and proper.

Offline 986986

Just saw the news Alan Joyce has stuffed the plans and in many cases left 10.s of thousands of people around the world stranded, he had no right to do this to so many people, without notice, regardless of the reasons.

He talks about the unions damaging the brand well he's just trashed it good and proper.

The fact is that if he gives in to the union demands there will be no QANTAS within this decade......whilst people get emotional about about being stranded etc what else was he supposed to do? Give in to the demands as have been outlined here, that would be business suicide.

The only people who could have called this to end before now where the Fed government, they sat back and did nothing because their major party power brokers are all union men.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The fact is that if he gives in to the union demands there will be no QANTAS within this decade......whilst people get emotional about about being stranded etc what else was he supposed to do? Give in to the demands as have been outlined here, that would be business suicide.

The only people who could have called this to end before now where the Fed government, they sat back and did nothing because their major party power brokers are all union men.

He should have given notice no excuses for doing that to over 50,000 people.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
What bullshit - the government had and has the power under the fair work act to end action at anytime.....as usual our government has done nothing.......

Did Joyce lock out the Pilots or did the Union stop work?

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
If the info on the pilots forum is correct then he (and the unions) are all trashing a brand that's destined for the scrap-heap anyway, all parties know it, and they don't care. Joyce has his agenda, the unions have theirs, and never the two shall meet.

So in effect, this isn't about saving Qantas, or protecting the Qantas brand. Its about helping the corporation to survive at all costs...

Qantas will be gone, Jetstar will come to the fore in Australia employing some of the existing Qantas employees under Jetstar EB conditions (minimising some of the redundancies), and a new international airline, located offshore, will emerge under a new banner, employing overseas labour at rates competitive in that region.

Of course this is all based on the assumption the the info in the pilot's forum is accurate.

Interesting weeks ahead!

Nonetheless the last 48 hours has been nasty, and poorly handled, especially in light of the ill-timed payrise issue.

Who'd want to be the Communications Manager at Qantas this week....not me!!!!

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.