Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

What bullshit - the government had and has the power under the fair work act to end action at anytime.....as usual our government has done nothing.......

thats what I was thinking today.

Does one expect Gillard to stand up to the unions? 

What is she afraid of?, they put her in power, surely she has some "influence"  :p

Offline M500

I am all for going against the unions when their power is to the finacial detriment of an otherwise sound business. On the other hand my 7-month pregnant wife is stuck in singapore on route back from Her holiday.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
I am all for going against the unions when their power is to the finacial detriment of an otherwise sound business. On the other hand my 7-month pregnant wife is stuck in singapore on route back from Her holiday.
Thank God shes not in Bangkok... If she was 9 months pregnant I would have suggested you get her a flight to Hawaii so your child can become the US president one day ;).

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I didn't think women were meant to travel by plane after so many months pregnant?

At 7 months you have to stay close or you are asking for trouble.

Offline M500

I didn't think women were meant to travel by plane after so many months pregnant?

At 7 months you have to stay close or you are asking for trouble.

Technically she is 30-weeks so she is safe. but all the same it puts it into perspective that she is victim to the current turmoil.

Offline M500

Quote from:  link=topic=10623.msg167112#msg167112 date=1319969800
Thank God shes not in Bangkok... If she was 9 months pregnant I would have suggested you get her a flight to Hawaii so your child can become the US president one day ;).

A Hawaiian born Australin with Greek & Polish heritage... I dint think he as much of a chance.  :doh:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
A Hawaiian born Australin with Greek & Polish heritage... I dint think he as much of a chance.  :doh:
Why not, the present President is cough, Hawaiian born, of American and Kenyan decent? So long as you were born there you can be President. If Arnie had of done a better job in California they probably would have changed the constitution to say it didn't matter where you were born.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-29/qantas-locking-out-staff/3608250

Alan Joyce sure deserves his 70% pay increase :rolleyes:

lets not forget he took a 30% pay cut in FY09, a 20% pay cut in FY10 and I believe a pay cut in FY11

So perhaps a 70% pay increase is to get him back in line to where he should be

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Thet're baaaaack................

Still thousands are stuffed, holiday schedules out the door connecting flights and cruise ships missed, Alan Joyce won't recover from this even if Qantas do.......