Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
The fact is that if he gives in to the union demands there will be no QANTAS within this decade......

what else was he supposed to do?
Pilots' forum that I frequent included an interesting tidbit: apparently Qantas has been quietly organising with a heavy freight company for weeks, to ship masses of equipment to Asia. Looking like this is all part of a plan to trash Qantas, start up another international airline overseas with the Qantas infrastructure, and ramp up Jetstar domestically. THAT's why Joyce got his pay rise.

If the Pilots forum, behind the scenes story is true, the plan was for there to be no Qantas within 12 months, forget this decade. And what else was he supposed to do? Nothing, he had a deal in place to do this for his bonus, he would have lost his bonus and probably have been fired.

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
Did Joyce lock out the Pilots or did the Union stop work?
Suggest you do your homework and get up to speed......I have covered the issues on this before......

#20: Today at 14:45 - ...
Quote from: 986986 on Today at 12:54
Dodger those claims have been in the public domain since March.

Joyce finally pulled the pin yesterday after the unions backed down from a promise they made in the AGM that there would be no more industrial action whilst final negotiations where underway.

The day after the AGM the unions announced renewed action - AGAINST the promises made in the AGM so he had no further place to stand.......this has all been in the public domain mate......

http://www.smh.com.au/business/deal-or-no-deal-joyce-rolls-the-dice-20111030-1mq52.html#ixzz1cEfkISVp

There you go , I only read the Age, well I have it delivered but only read the headlines, I get news from the ABC web site and ABC TV and free to air TV and I havent heard that before. Thanks for that

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Suggest you do your homework and get up to speed......I have covered the issues on this before......

Joyce finally pulled the pin yesterday

Was just looking for you to confirm that it was 100% Joyces choice to cause all this chaos.
Forget the customers, they dont matter.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Seems to me he did have a choice, he could have continued negotiating and brought the Govt in, pulling the plug on so many people is inexcusable.

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
Was just looking for you to confirm that it was 100% Joyces choice to cause all this chaos.
Forget the customers, they dont matter.

So you think the unions demands are fair and reasonable?

Offline app

I disagree with people saying it's all Joyce's fault 100% if what 986986 is saying is correct.

If the unions promised Qantas and it's shareholders at the AGM they would not do anymore strikes and then BREAK that promise one day after the AGM, can you blame Joyce for carrying out such action?

If he had not done it, it would have gone on for weeks or months. Doing it this way forces both parties put their cards on the table and sort the issue out within days.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I disagree with people saying it's all Joyce's fault 100% if what 986986 is saying is correct.

If the unions promised Qantas and it's shareholders at the AGM they would not do anymore strikes and then BREAK that promise one day after the AGM, can you blame Joyce for carrying out such action?

If he had not done it, it would have gone on for weeks or months. Doing it this way forces both parties put their cards on the table and sort the issue out within days.

I still dont think there's any excuse for pulling the plug with no notice on 70,000 people, Joyce has, I repeat, trashed the Qantas brand globally, there had to be another way and if Joyce couldnt work one out he should havr just resigned.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

So you think the unions demands are fair and reasonable?

Just heard the news in the background at home. The pilots didnt ask for a pay rise, they only wanted a guarantee that only Qantas pilots would fly Qantas planes. I think 2.5% over 3 years is nothing, most unions would be pushing for a lot more. The unions demands didnt ground the planes, it still could have all been worked out through arbitration. Joyce 100% grounded the planes. There is no argument on that point.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Just heard the news in the background at home. The pilots didnt ask for a pay rise, they only wanted a guarantee that only Qantas pilots would fly Qantas planes. I think 2.5% over 3 years is nothing, most unions would be pushing for a lot more. The unions demands didnt ground the planes, it still could have all been worked out through arbitration. Joyce 100% grounded the planes. There is no argument on that point.

I heard that too, the plan to get the share price down ready for a takeover seems more likely now.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

If the Union had of called a strike they would have been forced back to work within 12 hours by the Government. The Government really can't make Joyce restart the airline. The main point is that Joyce chose to put in his power play at the detriment of Qantas customers because he wants to dissolve the brand anyway. This is his and the boards way of doing it.