Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

The best airline scam was the Russian guy (maybe girlski) who set up a web site like Webjet.

You went on-line and checked the flights and prices.
They were very good but time limited (like Webjet) - so everyone booked right away.

How do you pay???

With a credit Card of course. Number, expiry and security code required - of course.

The site was gone in a few days with all the info on thousands of cards as well as your name address DOB etc.

Cunning bastards.

Never has the saying "if it seems to good to be true, then it usually is" been more applicable since the rise of the internet.

:D

Offline Joel

speaking of scams!!!

Just planning the honeymoon and went to do it thru Qantas and they are offering no business or first class seats thru the Dubai hub. Anyone know if it is cause the ACCC hasn't approved it fully or the fact that it is the A380 and they never offer seats on it?

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
speaking of scams!!!

Just planning the honeymoon and went to do it thru Qantas and they are offering no business or first class seats thru the Dubai hub. Anyone know if it is cause the ACCC hasn't approved it fully or the fact that it is the A380 and they never offer seats on it?
I just got an email from Singapore airlines, they have 1st class tickets at significant discount. If you pm me your email address ill forward it to you.

Offline Joel

I just got an email from Singapore airlines, they have 1st class tickets at significant discount. If you pm me your email address ill forward it to you.

PM sent thanks!!

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
speaking of scams!!!

I just got my 1st class tickets for the lambo trip and it's through dubai with qantas. Cheap too!
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Joel

I just got my 1st class tickets for the lambo trip and it's through dubai with qantas. Cheap too!

You purchased not FF points tho?

Offline jamesatfish

speaking of scams!!!

If you're looking to redeem points for business or First on the A380 then they're always hard to obtain anywhere in the window from 2 weeks to 11 months out.  That is, your best chance is to book either as soon as that date becomes available to book (ie approx 360 days ahead) or for flights in the next two weeks.

Alternatively if you or someone travelling with you is a Platinum or Chairman's Lounge member you can ask the Qantas premium desk to request that points seats be made available on the flights you're interested.  If there's availability in the I or A fare buckets (Business and First respectively) then we've had good success in the past with having points flights opened up on request. 

There are two stages of request - one is an instant automated request they can do whilst on the phone, and the other requires them to refer the request to someone in the load management area who can override the computer.  If you have no luck with the first stage ask them to refer the request through for manual review.

Offline Joel

If you're looking to redeem points for business or First on the A380 then they're always hard to obtain anywhere in the window from 2 weeks to 11 months out.  That is, your best chance is to book either as soon as that date becomes available to book (ie approx 360 days ahead) or for flights in the next two weeks.

Alternatively if you or someone travelling with you is a Platinum or Chairman's Lounge member you can ask the Qantas premium desk to request that points seats be made available on the flights you're interested.  If there's availability in the I or A fare buckets (Business and First respectively) then we've had good success in the past with having points flights opened up on request. 

There are two stages of request - one is an instant automated request they can do whilst on the phone, and the other requires them to refer the request to someone in the load management area who can override the computer.  If you have no luck with the first stage ask them to refer the request through for manual review.

Cheers for the detailed response. At this current time it is not allowing us to use our points for any class. So I assume it is not open yet.
I might call and have a chat as I would like to book it now if they can do it over the phone.

I have a business in the A380 from Sydney to HK return this may and I only booked a couple of weeks ago. Must have been lucky!!

Offline bbb

I booked a business seat with Singapore A380 using points from London to Sydney about 1 week before the flight....

Offline Joel

I booked a business seat with Singapore A380 using points from London to Sydney about 1 week before the flight....

How are they with points. I only recently signed up with them and flew to China before xmas. I was pleased but are they like Qantas with picking seats and using other airlines when purchasing with points?