Offline Neru

Saw this in Thailand, interestingly - also this same system in place in a Thai restaurant here in Sydney. Not that the restaurant was exclusive - I think it just had a small base who were very loyal for whom this service ran.

Al, that service sounds like an interesting one. My observation - the startups that succeed are doing to services what industrial revolution did for chocolate. By reducing the cost needed to create a luxury product (chocolate, once the domain of royalty only) they can offer once unobtainable luxury to the common or more common man. 

Rich folk could always access prestige private properties for short term rental, AirBNB brought the prestige down a notch and the cost down two. Rich guys can grab limos all the time - why not their secretary can make all the bookings and planning - Uber brought the cost down and did away with the need for the staff member.

If there is already this service being offered in a non-app way - and they can do it for an audience one or two notches down on the personal wealth scale - with an app then they might have some luck. Good luck  :thumbsup:

I think the bottle holding happens in most Asian countries, when I was in China we would go to clubs and buy a bottle. Depending on how many bottles or how expensive it was you got a table, food and girls. It didn't matter if we didn't finish it cause we could always come back and get a table and the bottle, once we left half a bottle in a club and when we went to claim it they said it was already finished. Other than that we never had any problems with the system, I think I have about two - three bottles still in some clubs

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Is it true that the medication for Parkinson's, can cause you to become a gambler?

It seems so specific..... But apparently it's true?

WTF?

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter