Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
For some reason, when you change a smite to a thank it changes the Rep by 2?????

It beats me......  well someone should anyway!!!    :tilt:

why anyone would ever smite me in the first place, i have no idea

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

why anyone would ever smite me in the first place, i have no idea

:der:

Offline j15

For some reason, when you change a smite to a thank it changes the Rep by 2?????

It beats me......  well someone should anyway!!!    :tilt:

If you change your vote then you subtract one negative and add a postive.

If his rep was -1 and you change your vote it would go back to 0, then to +1, hence the difference of 2.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
If you change your vote then you subtract one negative and add a postive.

If his rep was -1 and you change your vote it would go back to 0, then to +1, hence the difference of 2.

hopefully he was smart enough to have realised that. if not...well....no comment needed.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline j15

Waiting for the capt. obvious pictures...

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Here is a little more info that normally goes with the wines:

Despite carrying many different Bin numbers in the early years, Grange was always labelled Bin 95 from the 1970 vintage. This wine is a favourite of Don Ditter, who worked at Penfolds from 1946 and succeeded Max Schubert as Chief Winemaker in 1975. The 1970 Penfolds Grange is a blend of 90 per cent Shiraz and 10 per cent Cabernet Sauvignon, from Kalimna, the Barossa and Adelaide's Magill Estate vineyard. Vintage conditions were dry, a growing season with rainfall 40 per cent less than normal

Buy price is about $499 to $599 at this time - Oh, sorry - didn't mean to put a value on your X-mas present.  :doh:

That's very interesting, because I heard that buying a red wine in a drought year is very good and I would tkae it as a guess that 40% less rain would be drought.

Don't understand the reasoning.  A lot of red's from 2001/02 I have had were nice and they were drought years.  Perhaps some of the more educated and experienced can confirm/deny this myth???

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Well, I didn't use my Grange bottle, but I played the Aldi 4 lt wine cask for $8.99 trick on a LOT of people using a nice Hollick bottle....

:thumbsup:

Alcohol rots your guts and destroys brain cells.

But in moderation, that's a good thing :thumbsup:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

That's very interesting, because I heard that buying a red wine in a drought year is very good and I would tkae it as a guess that 40% less rain would be drought.

Don't understand the reasoning.  A lot of red's from 2001/02 I have had were nice and they were drought years.  Perhaps some of the more educated and experienced can confirm/deny this myth???

Lower than average rain fall years make a good vintage. But drought conditions can have an opposite effect.

If the rain fall is below average, the grape vine needs to conserve the water, the grapes don't get fully plump but just enough to keep them juicy, this also gives the natural sugars a chance to settle into the fruit and not get too diluted.
If the water supply is not enough, the vine will take away from the grapes to survive and the grapes will be "dried out" with very little sugar content. Too much water and the grapes become over plump thus "watering down" the natural sugars, etc.

And it's the sugars, etc that make the wine.