Offline psw

• Keep smiling

was it a reno or new build?

could you put forward the name of the architect?
It was a 2.5 year reno, they've done lots of new builds & reno's since.

MCK Architecture
Keep Smiling

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

It was a 2.5 year reno, they've done lots of new builds & reno's since.

MCK Architecture

So I take it you worked with a team rather than an individual.
There's some nice stuff on their website.

Offline j15

MCK, they completed our house back in '04 as a relatively young & new practice, it won them a lot of awards & recognition back then, they've won a Wilkinson since.... good architecture IMO is timeless.

Very impressive, I was looking at it thinking it was finished very recently.

Offline David B

There's a young architect who has won an award that I have been chasing for the past month to meet with for an upcoming project.  His stuff is very clean modern and verging on minimalistic.  But I wonder why some architects are such prima dona's that they make it so difficult to get communication happening

but check out his stuff

http://matthewwoodward.com.au

He's clearly drawing inspiration (thats how the architects say it!) from Farnsworth house. ( Ludwig Mies van der Rohe)

Only built in 1951!  look carefully at the proportions, its all there just newer materials.

IMHO,  clean look but I'm not given he's a genius.

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Nice Peter who built it for you. Over in your neck of the woods there is some amazing work
JPA Constructions, small family builder that we were recommended by our QS, we built it cost plus & had a great collaborative relationship with both architect & builder...still talking to them both so must have been good  :)
Keep Smiling

Offline Joel

JPA Constructions, small family builder that we were recommended by our QS, we built it cost plus & had a great collaborative relationship with both architect & builder...still talking to them both so must have been good  :)

Haha very good sign.
If you get in with a good architect it makes a world of difference. I'm pushing my architect to get me a start

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

So I take it you worked with a team rather than an individual.
There's some nice stuff on their website.
Worked mainly with one of the principals & another of the team who is now the K in MCK. Highly recommend them, it was an enjoyable collaborative process, I immersed myself in it back then, weekly project meetings with architect & builder, the result was a wonderfully liveable family home that my kids have grown up in.

PM me if you want an intro.
Keep Smiling

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

There's a young architect who has won an award that I have been chasing for the past month to meet with for an upcoming project.  His stuff is very clean modern and verging on minimalistic.  But I wonder why some architects are such prima dona's that they make it so difficult to get communication happening

but check out his stuff

http://matthewwoodward.com.au

matthew must be reading these forums as I got a response from him just now

Sorry, but unable to assist.  Damn shame for him as I was planning on doing something special with concrete, lifts ( people and cars) rammed earth, infinity pool and views

Offline David B

matthew must be reading these forums as I got a response from him just now

Sorry, but unable to assist.  Damn shame for him as I was planning on doing something special with concrete, lifts ( people and cars) rammed earth, infinity pool and views

hope I didnt piss him off with my post mate ?

FYI those interested; My 2017 flythrough I have completed the exterior now and the lighting.

Its supposed to mimic Kinglake bush, which is a tricky balance of greenery and dryness.  The building is just a massing at the moment.  As discussed; I will be using timber, stone and my favorite Dark (not rusty!!!) corten.

images show three positions in triangle around house to check lighting shadows, atmosphere how I want it.

oh all 3D too no images other background skyplate.

Cheers,

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The good part about that place is the grounds... without that it's just a box that needs weekly window cleaning.

I hope I wasn't commenting on someone's actual house  :-[, the place is obviously stunning but it's the setting that makes it.......IMO