Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
auction is definitely the way to go IMHO, it shows the true value of a house at the current market.

Nope.... Not always
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Not in Adelaide. Melbourne and Sydney yes but in Adelaide I don't believe it achieves the best price for the seller.

depends where your reserve is set

Problem with real estate is that there is no real value, it all depends on the right buyer on the day.

Went to an auction a month ago, indicative was $575k, sold for $730k

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Auction is the best way to go in this market especially, plenty of wankers not wanting to be embarrassed by being outbid.

Just because it's an auction doesn't mean you have to sell you can pass the property in and ask for a bit more from the high bidder after.

One thing to note, plenty of people out there think they're smart they have a 3br home in a good suburb now worth over $2m and they only paid $800k a few years ago BUT if they sell they still only have enough to buy a 3br home in a good suburb and the stamp duty is significantly higher.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Auction is the best way to go in this market especially, plenty of wankers not wanting to be embarrassed by being outbid.

Just because it's an auction doesn't mean you have to sell you can pass the property in and ask for a bit more from the high bidder after.

One thing to note, plenty of people out there think they're smart they have a 3br home in a good suburb now worth over $2m and they only paid $800k a few years ago BUT if they sell they still only have enough to buy a 3br home in a good suburb and the stamp duty is significantly higher.

I've always believed you only sell property if you have another investment to put the money straight into.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I've always believed you only sell property if you have another investment to put the money straight into.

Or if you're highly leveraged and you sense a crash on the way  :eek:

Plenty of people out there on 100% interest only loans  :doh:

Offline Neru

Or if you're highly leveraged and you sense a crash on the way  :eek:

Plenty of people out there on 100% interest only loans  :doh:

That's the thing, people are buying now on interest only repayments thinking they are smart getting into the market now

Says interest payments are $1500 a month, therefore  $18000 annually or $180000 over 10 years in just repayments plus maintenance, rates, call it $250,000 over 10 years

Will the property be worth more than $250,000 in 10 years?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

That's the thing, people are buying now on interest only repayments thinking they are smart getting into the market now

Says interest payments are $1500 a month, therefore  $18000 annually or $180000 over 10 years in just repayments plus maintenance, rates, call it $250,000 over 10 years

Will the property be worth more than $250,000 in 10 years?

More to the point will they be in negative equity in 12 months because that's when the bank will ask for a top up.....no cash ? Sell and  face the music.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Interest rates won't go up till 18 or 19.
The biggest risk for most borrowers so leveraged is loss of employment or reduced income.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The biggest risk for most borrowers so leveraged is loss of employment or reduced income.

2018 isn't far away.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

just in time for my interest rates that i fixed in just before the rates went to record lows to come back to variable rates :(