Offline hydie

There's some very nice homes there indeed including the big garages.  I thought that one in Kooyong Road had sold.
Just checked. Went for high $7m.

Offline dkabab

Here is a quick one for all you Melbourne folks.

172 Kooyong Road, Toorak - POA

now thats nice, would be my favourite of this whole thread. love the design!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

haven't seen one house here yet I'd (want to) call a home.

all show no go  :thumbsdown:

IMO a home should feel cosy, so unless you're gunna fill one of these monsters with ~20 people, they're all just a waste of good garden/rec space

MASSIVE upkeep too. Would need full time staff.

It's perfectly possible to have a cosy large comfortable living space that's attractive and classic in design AND be practical.

I guess I'm just a country bumpkin, these monsters are hideous and wasteful and for the most part, distasteful as a FAMILY home.

Great if you're a massive entertainer having huge parties all the time for sure.  :thumbsup:

For me, a modest but comfortably large home, and a little land is perfect... AND quite affordable AND well situated for city/beach/transport

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

now thats nice, would be my favourite of this whole thread. love the design!

It's on a main road.

My pick also is the one in the Fig Tree Pocket.  Very nice indeed.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
haven't seen one house here yet I'd (want to) call a home.

all show no go  :thumbsdown:

IMO a home should feel cosy, so unless you're gunna fill one of these monsters with ~20 people, they're all just a waste of good garden/rec space

MASSIVE upkeep too. Would need full time staff.

It's perfectly possible to have a cosy large comfortable living space that's attractive and classic in design AND be practical.

I guess I'm just a country bumpkin, these monsters are hideous and wasteful and for the most part, distasteful as a FAMILY home.

Great if you're a massive entertainer having huge parties all the time for sure.  :thumbsup:

For me, a modest but comfortably large home, and a little land is perfect... AND quite affordable AND well situated for city/beach/transport

For someone who works on & loves one of the most impractical cars in the world......you are so fucking practical :D

Offline app

think the most extravegant coming up is a mansion being built by perth billionaire Pankaj Oswal in perth's swan river, estimated $70 million, after buying 8 blocks of land for $22 million :eek:

no pics as it's being built at the moment but here is a link
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/clouds-gather-over-perths-shining-light-pankaj-oswal/story-e6frg8zx-1225843005263

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
think the most extravegant coming up is a mansion being built by perth billionaire Pankaj Oswal in perth's swan river, estimated $70 million, after buying 8 blocks of land for $22 million :eek:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/clouds-gather-over-perths-shining-light-pankaj-oswal/story-e6frg8zx-1225843005263

It says that he is worth approx. $1 billion.......$70m is a big chunk of his net worth  :?
Wouldn't be the easiest house to sell if it came to that either.

Offline hydie

The proposed improvements are insane! Thanks for the link. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Perth is still booming as much as ever.

Mining heiress Angela Bennett sold her Perth waterfront mansion for an Australian record price of $57.5m late last year. However it did come onto the market at $85m.

43 Saunders Street, Mosman Park

These are the only photos I have at hand at the moment as others are on my portable HDD.

House was built 2002.

You can't see it in those photos but there is a massive 'water sports' storage shed under the tennis court.

For those interested, these are some important 'specs': Rates: Council $11,690.24 for year ending 30 June 2007, Water $3,037.15 for year ending 30 June 2007

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

It says that he is worth approx. $1 billion.......$70m is a big chunk of his net worth  :?
Wouldn't be the easiest house to sell if it came to that either.

I think many people would be happy if their house was only 7% of their wealth.  :thumbsup:

Do the numbers and take 7% of the money you have in the bank and go and buy a house.  Would you be happy with that.  ;)

Offline dkabab

Seriously ignoring opinions on good and bad design, if I had a billion dollars burning a hole in my pocket, I wouldn't be building a 3br home in the burbs. Why not build something as big as a hotel. These people buy Realestate in the same way people buy cars, watches, paintings etc.... Bigger faster better. We're all guilty of it.

Would it be wrong to own a collection of 40 cars vs a house with 40 rooms. You can only be in one at a time.