Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

So my boys are in town and we've been having a ball at Hobby Habbit indoor race track doing some off-roading action.. it brought back so many memories that I ended getting one for myself yesterday :) How bout we have an AE race one weekend?? It's not expensive to get it.. I bought mine for $499 and probably overpaid cuz I told em I wanted the fastest one they could build in 1 hour.. apparently one of the AE members is a former State champion for off-road R/C cars.. could be a few hours of fun and carnage

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Anyone here know Simon Camilleri here..... :cool:

He can stand in for me :p

Offline dkabab

I used to race 1/8 scale nitro truggy. Those things were nasty. 3-4kg moving at 70-90kph.
Heaps of fun, I've sold it all now. My setup was around $1200 including controller, engine etc...

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Good old eBay:

purchased a 1/10th Nitro Buggy for about $160 from memory and a 1/8th Nitro Buggy for about $230.

Huge fun - the 1/10th WAS(:D) a dual speed thing and man did it get up and go, made a mess when it hit a tree going full speed!!!    :eek:

Offline LiL_JaSoN

Iv been lurking around here for ages, I too use to race nitro 1/10 onroad and 1/8 offroad, but have calmed down. I only have 2 cars left now - 1/10 electric offroad which i race occasionally and 1/10 nitro on-road which is sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

Can't believe the amount of money i use to spend on these things to maintain and run.  The current 1/10 electric setup have set me back over $1500

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Iv been lurking around here for ages, I too use to race nitro 1/10 onroad and 1/8 offroad, but have calmed down. I only have 2 cars left now - 1/10 electric offroad which i race occasionally and 1/10 nitro on-road which is sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

Can't believe the amount of money i use to spend on these things to maintain and run.  The current 1/10 electric setup have set me back over $1500

Photos????

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
They sure are fun. I had a Tamiya electric, I got for about $99 when World for Kids closed down. It was as basic as you could start with and it was still a heap of fun...

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Anyone here know Simon Camilleri here..... :cool:

He can stand in for me :p

Damn good driver - I remember Simon being a fierce competitior on the RC tracks in both off road and touring cars! Amazing lightning reflexes!  :thumbsup:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

ahh simpler days... $1500 would get me a set of brake pads now.. would rather spend $20 on a plastic wishbone which my son just broke :)

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
ahh simpler days... $1500 would get me a set of brake pads now.. would rather spend $20 on a plastic wishbone which my son just broke :)
parts worth having as spares are : wishbones, driveshafts/universal joint drive shafts; shock absorber towers, at least one each of front and rear shock absorbers - especially with buggies/monster trucks!

Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!