Offline tdc911

Moving right along.....

reversing cameras are just another safety aid, not to be used in isolation but a fifth element to look at: left and right side mirrors, rearview mirror, over the shoulder, and camera

Just like ABS, proximity radar, pretension seat belts air bags -  they are there for our safety

One thing I have been meaning to ask; are you and Wattens the same person?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Ask Ash, i'm sure he can look up everyones ip addreses :)

Unless I could move from sydney to adelaide to take pictures and post them in the spotted thread traveling 1000km in a matter of minutes, and now travelling from Europe to Adelaide in the same amount of time, and I like to PM myself just for fun.... I don't think we are the same person, although you are always "winning", in which case you are right and we are the same person?

AMGsl55 you are now me, good luck you poor bugger :)
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The old guy using the frame was in my street again today, he must have a death wish, you really have to keep your concentration and take care every time you reverse from a driveway, just because there's no one there most of the time if you become slack you just might kill someone, try living with that.

(talking to myself there)

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The old guy using the frame was in my street again today, he must have a death wish, you really have to keep your concentration and take care every time you reverse from a driveway, just because there's no one there most of the time if you become slack you just might kill someone, try living with that.

How many times have to been told to stay put in the Nursing home.......Geez!!!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I agree with FF, Reversing cameras give a false sense of security where more damage can occur.

They should be used to get a little old lady into a parking spots, not to rely on to avoid running over pedestrians, especially since the camera view is limited in width where as making the traditional correct checks.

They help but shouldn't be relied on.

My 2c
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

shouldn't live in such an overcrowded poor part of town.

Move south east like, like all the smart guys ;)

• Soap Dodger

Moving right along.....

reversing cameras are just another safety aid, not to be used in isolation but a fifth element to look at: left and right side mirrors, rearview mirror, over the shoulder, and camera

Just like ABS, proximity radar, pretension seat belts air bags -  they are there for our safety

NO.

because all those things are reactive and actually work.

The camera is just a passive tool, with severe limitations.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

He uses a frame because his wallet is so heavy he needs support :D

• Soap Dodger

because his wallet is so heavy he needs support :D

that's his colostomy bag

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

How many times have to been told to stay put in the Nursing home.......Geez!!!!!!

I'll keep driving till they take my license from my cold dead hands.