Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Well my little monkey has out the Family cage and it is time to sell.
I have never sold a house before and am starting a bit of research before I contact the agents.

Is there anything I should know first?
what sort of costs are normal?
What are the costs I can avoid?

What traps for young players should I avoid?

Cheers in advance

Ring Oren Klemich on 0418 829 009, tell him you are a mate of mine and he'll look after you.   :thumbsup:

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
In the past, my best success with agents is to offer them a sliding scale commission whereby after a certain sale price, they get a much higher % on the amount above the sale price. Seems to make them work harder!! I figure if they are on a nominal or fixed % of say 2% there is not much incentive for them to fight for an extra say $5000 for u, a more generous sliding scale may make them work a little harder.

Yes this makes sence I like it
cheers Alvchua

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

the real estate sales industry is a con job. relative to their training and what they actually offer as a service, they are grossly overpaid. dont know what it's like in SA, but in WA it is a total rort! they take 10/15k+ for sitting in a home open once a fortnight and running the odd buyer thru. big deal! then they have the gall to ask u to front up for the advertsiing monies. sell it yourself. i have studied a combined 12 years and i can't even earn their raw hourly rate. the industry should be shut down!

Why would you shut the industry down?  It isn't compulsory to use agents - the reason just about everyone does because it works better than selling it yourself for most people.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

Ring Oren Klemich on 0418 829 009, tell him you are a mate of mine and he'll look after you.   :thumbsup:

Shall do :thumbsup:

Offline lord melchett

Why would you shut the industry down?  It isn't compulsory to use agents - the reason just about everyone does because it works better than selling it yourself for most people.

no. the reason just about everyone does it is because the average australian is a fool and spends money on services even when they're getting ripped off! one will only realise this when they do actually try it themselves.

Offline TomE

I sold investments properties and land through Anthony Vella a few years ago. www.vella.com.au
Last time i saw him he had a nice 911.

Stay away from Brocks. Twice i've bought through them and twice they stuffed up contracts/played games and I've ended up the with property significantly cheaper than my first offer. :thumbsup:

Tip: I actually went to open inspections in the area I was selling and spoke to agents as if i was a buyer , I quickly picked the professional ones to get quotes from.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

Tip: I actually went to open inspections in the area I was selling and spoke to agents as if i was a buyer , I quickly picked the professional ones to get quotes from.

Good tip
I am actually planning to buy in the same area once it is sold.

Offline TomE

See if any of the photographers on here will take the house photos. The ones the RE agents use are a rip off.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Good davice with the trust the agent.

I am in SA so what is the normal for commision?

Negotiating on advertising? how dose that work? What do I negotiate?

I am thinking private sale as I already have enough on my plate without a deadline of selling

Cheers Dodger anything else???

Well you can get the figure down but remember that the more you advertise the better for you, just avoid things that promote the agents more than you.