Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Following on from my previous thread of "Interactive Whiteboard", I am now looking at an alternative setup. It involves utilising my existing Electronic Whiteboard (H 850 x W 1692 - copying area) and a Short Throw Projector for the computer display. This should give me the functions of an Inteactive Whiteboard minus the image capture function. I thought that could be solved by using a normal 12MP digital camera to capture what's on the whiteboard.

What do you guys think of this idea?

What's a good value short projector? I've been checking out the BenQ MX880UST which is around $2k. I can get a projection of H 790 x W 1300 and the projector will only need to be 390mm away.

Any issues in using short throw projector?

Offline CortinaD

Following on from my previous thread of "Interactive Whiteboard", I am now looking at an alternative setup. It involves utilising my existing Electronic Whiteboard (H 850 x W 1692 - copying area) and a Short Throw Projector for the computer display. This should give me the functions of an Inteactive Whiteboard minus the image capture function. I thought that could be solved by using a normal 12MP digital camera to capture what's on the whiteboard.

What do you guys think of this idea?

What's a good value short projector? I've been checking out the BenQ MX880UST which is around $2k. I can get a projection of H 790 x W 1300 and the projector will only need to be 390mm away.

Any issues in using short throw projector?

What was the difference in price to do with the new board ?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

What was the difference in price to do with the new board ?

New board was going to be $2000-$3000 range, then still need short throw projector plus whatever gizmo needed to do a display capture. All up was going to be around $5-7k.

Hence, I thought I'd just reuse my old whiteboard, get a ultra short throw projector (now considering NEC U310W as the BenQ has no HDMI input). So my capex is only for the projector, and I get the functions that I wanted. Oh yeah, I'd just use one of our existing digital cameras for display capture.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Ooo... just found the Sanyo PDG-DWL2503. $1700 and it comes with built in camera for JPG capture.

Offline CortinaD

What did you end up going with Aemel?

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Nothing yet. I'm going to finish the reno of my office first and then relook at this.

I was the Panasonic HQ in Sydney a few weeks ago and saw the Interactive Whiteboard with the Short Throw projector. It's nice, but would pay too much money for it.

Will look into the short throw with camera again soon. Will advise..

Offline CortinaD

Offline CortinaD

So

The one you suggested isn't interactive. I figure we should get an ultra short throw interactive for giggles.

Grabbed a Gefi HDMI wireless extender.

Sanyo PLC-WL2503 isn't short throw.
Epson EB-455Wi doesn't have HDMI
Dell S500WI appears to be the goods but I am not a fan of Dell.

No one has stock of anything other than the one you have suggested.

Im thinking to grab the Dell and give it a shot.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
So

The one you suggested isn't interactive. I figure we should get an ultra short throw interactive for giggles.

Grabbed a Gefi HDMI wireless extender.

Sanyo PLC-WL2503 isn't short throw.
Epson EB-455Wi doesn't have HDMI
Dell S500WI appears to be the goods but I am not a fan of Dell.

No one has stock of anything other than the one you have suggested.

Im thinking to grab the Dell and give it a shot.

Dell stuff seems to have improved a lot. We had horrible problems with desktops and laptops a few years back - have started trying them again (including my shiny new alienware laptop) and they've been great over the last 12 months. We have 'normal' portable projectors from Dell, all have been reliable, and lamps cheap/easy to source.
C'mon, do it!