Offline frog_a_lot

• Name: Cam
Howdy all, I know I dont post much on here and I hope this is ok to post here. I wasnt sure if i should put it here or in events, but mods feel free to move it or delete it if it is not allowed.

Some of you may have heard of this, some may not. Cancer effects 1 in every 2 people in the world, and yet there is still so much research that needs to be done to prevent and cure it.

In a few months time me and a friend from school are doing a fundraising car rally for the Cancer Council. The idea of this rally is to drive across Australia in cars worth under $1000.

It is called the Shitbox Rally. In the past few years it has raised over $1m for the Cancer Council.

The basic idea of it is that each team of 2 people needs to raise over $4000 to enter and then they purchase a cheap car and can't spend more than $1000 all up on it, including price of the car and registration, we then drive from Adelaide to Fremantle via Uluru. It is about 3500ks over 7 days, and a few teams like ours is also driving from Sydney to Adelaide at the start, making the total journey around 5000ks long.

For those of you not aware, this means that the majority of driving will take place in the middle of the desert in some of the most remote and dangerous locations in Australia. A large chunk of this will be on dirt roads it avery crappy car.

We are going to be using a 25 year old Mitsubishi Pajero we purchased for $600.

Here is a link to the rallys main website - http://www.shitboxrally.com.au/

At the moment we are starting to look for donations. We need to raise at least $4000 before the start of the rally and im hoping we can raise much more than that. Obviously the more money we raise the more money the Cancer Council gets. I am hoping some of you fine upstanding people might be able to help and donate to our cause. I dont care if it is $5 or $50 or even $1 per kilometer :) , every little bit helps.

Ill try and keep this thread updated from time to time with photos of the car, fundraising events and the rally when it comes to it.

Here is also a direct link to our fundraising page if you wish to donate any money (which would be greatly appreciated) - http://fundraise.shitboxrally.com.au/panda_racing

Here is a  link to our facebook page, bare in mind that it is fairly blank at the moment as we are just getting started. - http://www.facebook.com/PandaRacingTeam

Thanks

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

How much sponsorship would it take for you to paint your car in our company colours/logos and to send through all the pix for us to use?
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
How much sponsorship would it take for you to paint your car in our company colours/logos and to send through all the pix for us to use?

run the 456??

value is about right :tilt:

Offline frog_a_lot

• Name: Cam

Hey mate, for this year we are keeping the car black and white (to look like a panda) to stick with the name of our team.
But i am more than happy to place some of your company's stickers etc on our car and take lots of photos for a donation/sponsorship, let me know.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Hey mate, for this year we are keeping the car black and white (to look like a panda) to stick with the name of our team.

:doh:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline Paulstar

But i am more than happy to place some of your company's stickers etc on our car and take lots of photos for a donation/sponsorship, let me know.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty