Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
FF's post possibly highlights the fact that any memorabilia from the current era may be worth a touch less over time than that from a few years back.    :D

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I have Richard Hadlee's signature on a XXXX beach cricket ball, but as I found out with a team signed Wallaby jersey I won, if it doesn't have a certificate of authenticity then it is pretty much worthless. But I know they are real so they will take pride of place in the pool roon

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

I'm not into collecting sporting memorabilia but this was given to me today from our mobile phone supplier. They were suppose to deliver a Blackberry in the morning but didn't. We then found out they failed to order it despite us placing the order with them last week. Eventually they got the phone delivered and one of their goodwill gestures was to provide this ball to me. When my staff gave it to me I just gave her a puzzled look and asked "..so what do I do with this??"..  I thought if it was worth something then I'll give it to some charity to raise money. Seeing that a normal ball costs $19 and this signed one costs $40 I think any charity I give this to might feel insulted :P

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

FF's post possibly highlights the fact that any memorabilia from the current era may be worth a touch less over time than that from a few years back.    :D

I was given an old cricket bat with signatures from past Aussie captains from the 30's or 40's to 70's I think.. and it's framed quite nicely.. is that worth much? or is the frame probably worth more??

Offline eddievanhalen

I was given an old cricket bat with signatures from past Aussie captains from the 30's or 40's to 70's I think.. and it's framed quite nicely.. is that worth much? or is the frame probably worth more??

If the signatures are genuine (not prints) - and especially if Bradman is included- it might be worth a few hundred although proving authenticity to a buyer might be hard.  In general the item signed is usually more important than the signatures themselves and "an old bat" only has limited appeal.   It's likely one of those things you can be proud of and enjoy , but may not attract much interest.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If it's an antique bat with genuine signatures it could be worth a bit of money. Not as much if it does not has a certificate.

My next door neighbor a few years ago had a signed bat by the Don on the wall of the study, didn't think much of it until someone saw it one day and asked if it was insured. Neighbor said no because he didn't think it was worth a lot. Had it checked and valued for insurance and the sum came back as $8000!!!  And that was a few years ago now.   :scratchchin:   

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Offline eddievanhalen

Not really.

Signed cards around a commemorative bat , which is the sort of thing I was expecting from your intial post.   Like mondi said if it was a seriously old match used bat that was signed over a period of time by those captains(or later at once) - almost unheard of - then you'd have a decent piece.  Still - never going to match something used in a significant match signed on the spot.

In this case it's a bit like my Sydney Olympic frame - signed cards around a manufactured commemorative item  .

It may be worth a few hundred bucks like I said , $500-$600 at a stretch if there's something more significant about it  - doubt it's too much more.  Nice looking product though.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

what about a bradman oil painting signed by him? any significant value? i have one of those in storage somewhere.. i'm hopeless with these sporting stuff..

Offline TomE

I had a Peter Brock signed Clipsal 500 hat from when I went in the SA government box.
No certificate, just the full story about meeting him on ebay.
Bidding went crazy and i got a couple hundred for it.

I sold it becuase it was just stuffed in a drawer. Good to see it go to a good home.

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "