Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
yup, and they could save a motza if they all wore a wrist guard

knee ruptures occur cos boot technology keeps the ankle in place, next weakest link to go is the ACL and PCL

Oh the sound of that ACL snapping gives me shivers thinking about it. There was an extremely overweight pomm skiing next to me near Innsbruck last year, I heard a snap/pop and next moment he was tumbling down the hill as if he stacked it for no reason, I stopped and walked back up as he was screaming as if he was being murdered, knew was stuffed. To hear it on the open while skiing was crazy, must have been very loud to hear it over the wind noise.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Oh the sound of that ACL snapping gives me shivers thinking about it. There was an extremely overweight pomm skiing next to me near Innsbruck last year, I heard a snap/pop and next moment he was tumbling down the hill as if he stacked it for no reason, I stopped and walked back up as he was screaming as if he was being murdered, knew was stuffed. To hear it on the open while skiing was crazy, must have been very loud to hear it over the wind noise.

I've done one in my right knee, 12 months of rehab and now right leg is bigger than my left, the sound was like nothing else I've ever heard before.

Still wear a custom made carbon fibre brace to prevent hyper extension
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline fivesix

I've done one in my right knee, 12 months of rehab and now right leg is bigger than my left, the sound was like nothing else I've ever heard before.

Still wear a custom made carbon fibre brace to prevent hyper extension
Grade 1 ACL last year running, that was bad enough.

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

After living in the alps for two years, there is a saying amongst the tiroleans about the German skiers.

"You can always spot the German on the mountain, they are covered in safety gear, but they are always the ones dieing on the mountain"

Also...

"The only time an Austrian worries about a ski accident, is when it's holidays in Germany"

Sounds better in German though

Although an oversimplification, there is some truth behind it, I noticed the extremely reckless skiers and boarders were generally Germans.

On a side note there is a trend in mainly northern Germany where parents will strap their child with a bike or skii helmet before they can go outside. Just incase they fall while walking...  False sense of security IMO and the same with over doing the skii safety gear, you think you are more protected when this isn't always the case.

I'm assuming Shumi was not your normal German skier...
Why such a long face?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

I just read on fchat that he injured a major blood supply artery that feeds the brain on the LHS when he had the motorcycle accident, and now he's injured the one on the RHS.

Might be BS, but if not....I don't like the sound of it much.

I'd certainly never heard of this injury from his motorbike injury....only about his neck.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

There're all the same  :rolleyes:

Germany's leader Angela Merkel injured skiing

http://www.smh.com.au/world/germanys-leader-angela-merkel-injured-skiing-20140106-hv7n8.html

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

There're all the same  :rolleyes:

You wear a helmut at all times don't you???? 

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Last time  I went skiing I looked at the helmets and wondered why they were not to the same standard as motorcycle helmets.
When you look at a coming together between a skier and a snow boarder you could have closing speeds of over 100kmh with 80kg or more for each party. That's never going to end well.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Last time  I went skiing I looked at the helmets and wondered why they were not to the same standard as motorcycle helmets.
When you look at a coming together between a skier and a snow boarder you could have closing speeds of over 100kmh with 80kg or more for each party. That's never going to end well.

As a pretty crappy skier I can get up to between 70km/h and 80km/h down a slope. So slamming into a tree, rock etc at that speed will hurt quite a bit. Just ask Joe from Zagame's....

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

and that is the low speed average. Most half experienced skiers can easily achieve 80kph on a green run, a boarder can do 60+Kph, the ensuing collision is 140kph and at that speed you could be wearing full kevlar body suit but its not going to stop the internal organs which are in liquid and will get bruising.

Also hit a tree at 80kph on a motor bike and see what happens, the reason the helmets for alpine use are light is that most people could not have the neck muscles to support a motorcycle helmet especially in a standing position for long periods of time. It's a supposed sense of security which might give warm fuzzies but ultimately do SFA. Think of a tarmac rally car and a roll cage, drivers think by having a roll cage it makes them invincible, only until they hit a tree.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.