Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I have a lot of mates who are Docs and one of them was telling me a few days ago you can't refuse to treat someone in urgent need of medical care where there is significant risk of patients condition deteriorating should you refuse. It would be a different matter if it was someone wanting a repeat for the pill or something. Broken bones, head injuries and you refuse to treat.................big potential for a visit to the board or worse, the courts.

define urgent medical care, an ACL is not life threatening, until the swelling is reduced which may take 2 weeks nothing can be done. As most injuries are either ACL or PCL all a doctor can do is diagnose the problem. He doesn't have to prescribe anti inflammatory as Voltaren is available over the counter. Wrist fractures can be a little more severe, but still if you want it set then pay otherwise drive to Cooma or Canberra and have the public system do it for you.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Doesn't that come under "Duty of Care".........

Edit - it's in the Code of Conduct.

It came up in conversation. I open 14hrs a day 364 days a year and the local Docs all want to shut up shop at 7.30pm and not work more than 4hrs on a Saturday/Sunday and close on Public Holidays. The Medical Centre I developed next door to one of my Pharmacies has shut for the entire bloody week currently. The area is massively underserviced as a result.
I complained at a recent dinner and the topic came up as a result. They are obliged to treat if someone turns up on their doorstep right on closing no matter what. The answer is to close the gates to the car park 15mins before advertised close so they can't get in to complain :rolleyes:

Yes, Code of Conduct and I believe duty of care.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

define urgent medical care, an ACL is not life threatening, until the swelling is reduced which may take 2 weeks nothing can be done. As most injuries are either ACL or PCL all a doctor can do is diagnose the problem. He doesn't have to prescribe anti inflammatory as Voltaren is available over the counter. Wrist fractures can be a little more severe, but still if you want it set then pay otherwise drive to Cooma or Canberra and have the public system do it for you.

You could get away with that; but hardly ethical is it?

The patient has the money to go skiing in the first place, which costs a f'n fortune in Oz- like everything else now. They should have a credit card or something surely.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

hippocratic oath

I believe we were talking about ACLs not Hips.......   :p

How many have you had replaced now???       :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The patient has the money to go skiing in the first place, which costs a f'n fortune in Oz- like everything else now. They should have a credit card or something surely.

You would think some sort of Private Health as well........

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

That is a misconception, skiing has become mainstream in that the resorts want the diesel set to roll up in buses and experience alpine bliss. The deals for doing it cheap are getting cheaper and attract those who don't have a lot of money and generally don't have private health or travel insurance.

Just try and get a McHappy meal at Cooma on a given Saturday morning, the queue is bus loads long. These same people don't stay on snow but stay in shearers quarters in Jindy, Berridale or Cooma.

Those with money stay on snow and yes it is expensive, but if you wanna do it courtesy of Greyhound then greyhound is what you get.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

That is a misconception, skiing has become mainstream in that the resorts want the diesel set to roll up in buses and experience alpine bliss. The deals for doing it cheap are getting cheaper and attract those who don't have a lot of money and generally don't have private health or travel insurance.

Just try and get a McHappy meal at Cooma on a given Saturday morning, the queue is bus loads long. These same people don't stay on snow but stay in shearers quarters in Jindy, Berridale or Cooma.

Those with money stay on snow and yes it is expensive, but if you wanna do it courtesy of Greyhound then greyhound is what you get.

If you want to ski for a week or more it is cheaper to fly cattle class to Europe or Japan and ski there. Skiing in Australia and staying on mountain is insanely expensive by comparison.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

If you want to ski for a week or more it is cheaper to fly cattle class to Europe or Japan and ski there. Skiing in Australia and staying on mountain is insanely expensive by comparison.

That is why hoards of Australians head to Japan, guaranteed great snow, new culture, food to die for and in comparison to Aust…its cheaper

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

That is why hoards of Australians head to Japan, guaranteed great snow, new culture, food to die for and in comparison to Aust…its cheaper

I have mates who do Japan twice a year and several mates who do Europe at least once a year, more often 2 or 3 times a year.
Australia, almost never.