Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Yeah but it was only a skiing helmet.  They obviously aren't made for hitting rocks.
I start the skiing part of our holiday today.  Will keep in back of mind to take it easy.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Yeah but it was only a skiing helmet.  They obviously aren't made for hitting rocks.

they are no stronger than cycling helmets, useful up to 15kph after that they are useless.

I wear a Rossignol Slalom helmet with chin guard (cos of slalom gates) and when i raced back in the 80's and early 90's we only skied on ice prepared runs. Safety fences caught us if a gate was missed or an edge caught, no chance of rocks or trees.

In 07 i competed in the top to bottom at Thredbo, the racer two before me went into a tree and broke C4/C5, he wont walk or do much of anything again, Kosciuszko Thredbo Pty Ltd dont take responsibility for accidents because the entry ticket states you take responsibility of your actions.

In 2013 the  chopper from Canberra gets called to Thredbo weekly for head and neck injuries, on an average day over the ski season there are 30+ knee ruptures, up to 45 wrist fractures. You may think this is extreme, its not when there are on average 15000 on the mountain doing weird shit and I look at it like driving on a freeway in peak hour with everyone around you unable to drive cos its their first attempt.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

On a side note i wont go onto a mountain without a helmet or spine brace, its not the crash i'm worried about its the snow boarder who cannot board that puts a metre long razor sharp blade and out of control crashes into me and slices my spinal cord when im just minding my own business.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline blackr35

In 2013 the  chopper from Canberra gets called to Thredbo weekly for head and neck injuries, on an average day over the ski season there are 30+ knee ruptures, up to 45 wrist fractures. You may think this is extreme, its not when there are on average 15000 on the mountain doing weird shit and I look at it like driving on a freeway in peak hour with everyone around you unable to drive cos its their first attempt.

Bloody hell!

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Bloody hell!
and those neck/ head injuries are 99% all para or quadriplegics.

The schumi accident was simple really, if anyone has ever walked into a street pole at walking pace knows it hurts like hell, if he was doing say 60kph (which isnt that hard) and he fell onto a rock...you can see the damage done

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Bloody hell!

Wrists are all snow boarders.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Wrists are all snow boarders.

yup, and they could save a motza if they all wore a wrist guard

knee ruptures occur cos boot technology keeps the ankle in place, next weakest link to go is the ACL and PCL

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
and those neck/ head injuries are 99% all para or quadriplegics.

The schumi accident was simple really, if anyone has ever walked into a street pole at walking pace knows it hurts like hell, if he was doing say 60kph (which isnt that hard) and he fell onto a rock...you can see the damage done

I just read he was only doing 20kph. Fast enough to break your head, that's for sure.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
On a side note i wont go onto a mountain without a helmet or spine brace, its not the crash i'm worried about its the snow boarder who cannot board that puts a metre long razor sharp blade and out of control crashes into me and slices my spinal cord when im just minding my own business.

You should also get a cock box, if snow boarder smashed into the crown jewels it would be all over for Mr Hand  :D

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
After living in the alps for two years, there is a saying amongst the tiroleans about the German skiers.

"You can always spot the German on the mountain, they are covered in safety gear, but they are always the ones dieing on the mountain"

Also...

"The only time an Austrian worries about a ski accident, is when it's holidays in Germany"

Sounds better in German though

Although an oversimplification, there is some truth behind it, I noticed the extremely reckless skiers and boarders were generally Germans.

On a side note there is a trend in mainly northern Germany where parents will strap their child with a bike or skii helmet before they can go outside. Just incase they fall while walking...  False sense of security IMO and the same with over doing the skii safety gear, you think you are more protected when this isn't always the case.
Enjoying Life!!!!