Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

OMG...that sounds horrifying. Thank God he's ok.
Yes, he's fine thank you PP.  Just turned 6 so pretty resilient at that age.  Was very scary to see it unfold in front of my eyes.  Seeing his legs all twisted under the buried snow and hime screaming didn't help.  Took today off but he's going back to Ski School in the morning.

At first I thought he was going to be getting a ride.  Some days I fell like I'm on the set of M.A.S.H. with the chopper flying around all the time.  The chopper landed right in front of me today to take someone away.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Yes, he's fine thank you PP.  Just turned 6 so pretty resilient at that age.  Was very scary to see it unfold in front of my eyes.  Seeing his legs all twisted under the buried snow and hime screaming didn't help.  Took today off but he's going back to Ski School in the morning.

At first I thought he was going to be getting a ride.  Some days I fell like I'm on the set of M.A.S.H. with the chopper flying around all the time.  The chopper landed right in front of me today to take someone away.

Well, you're definitely doing the right thing getting them to take lessons instead of just sending them off to go for it, like some parents do.

Be careful, we all need you and your family in one piece.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully

What a horrible thing to happen Brettski, very glad he came through without a scratch. Give him a pat on his fuzzy little head from Uncle Scott :)
I bet it was more terrifying for you than it was for him. It's amazing the level of panic that sets in when one of your kids gets into a serious situation.

Stay safe !!

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
That is why hoards of Australians head to Japan, guaranteed great snow, new culture, food to die for and in comparison to Aust…its cheaper

Been many times and have always hit great powder and even better food.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Our little Brody got buried in a minor Avalanche yesterday, only his head was sticking out.  Was in Ski School at the time.  Luckily for some reason I'd decided to follow them on that run and was right there.  A lot of Adults came to his rescue very quickly.  I'm surprised you didn't hear him screaming over there. :)

I bury my kids up to their necks in sand.

if you then place a cheese board cover over their heads, they  still look cute, but you can't hear so much.

Lift occasionally to break the seal, let a little air in, or a sandwich or something.

Parenting, 101.

I think your technique of putting them in an avalanche is a little extreme, but I DO know how annoying they can be.

:thumbsup:

Glad the little blighter is ok, cool story for school upon return..... :cool:

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Just got back from taking the boys night skiing, was a heap of fun.  Left the wife at home with a bottle of champagne. :)

Good value today CHF130 (A$160) for lift passes, for 2 adults and 2 kids from lunch to 9.30pm.

Got to 200 bonus points on my lift card which gives you a FREE day with access to the full Portes du Soleil resort.  650km of runs and and 195 lifts.  Solemen Finklestein is happy 360C I will try and use as many lifts as I can in one day. ;)

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I will try and use as many lifts as I can in one day. ;)

That's what I used to do when I skied as a kid. Gotta get your money's worth.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Just got back from taking the boys night skiing, was a heap of fun.  Left the wife at home with a bottle of champagne. :)

Good value today CHF130 (A$160) for lift passes, for 2 adults and 2 kids from lunch to 9.30pm.

Got to 200 bonus points on my lift card which gives you a FREE day with access to the full Portes du Soleil resort.  650km of runs and and 195 lifts.  Solomon Finklestein is happy 360C I will try and use as many lifts as I can in one day. ;)

Ha ha good effort mate :)

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Was due to go to Perisher, but there's FA snow, so now to Queenstown instead.

Offline MRdino

• @nb_autography

• Drives: Porsche 986
they are no stronger than cycling helmets, useful up to 15kph after that they are useless.

I wear a Rossignol Slalom helmet with chin guard (cos of slalom gates) and when i raced back in the 80's and early 90's we only skied on ice prepared runs. Safety fences caught us if a gate was missed or an edge caught, no chance of rocks or trees.

In 07 i competed in the top to bottom at Thredbo, the racer two before me went into a tree and broke C4/C5, he wont walk or do much of anything again, Kosciuszko Thredbo Pty Ltd dont take responsibility for accidents because the entry ticket states you take responsibility of your actions.

In 2013 the  chopper from Canberra gets called to Thredbo weekly for head and neck injuries, on an average day over the ski season there are 30+ knee ruptures, up to 45 wrist fractures. You may think this is extreme, its not when there are on average 15000 on the mountain doing weird shit and I look at it like driving on a freeway in peak hour with everyone around you unable to drive cos its their first attempt.
Had no clue there would be another ex ski racer on this forum. Its pretty rare considering our country. I just finished up my pretty average racing career having never had a FIS race that I skiied well in. And you are very right ski accidents are so common these days, I ski at Buller so we have it probably the worst with tourists that have no clue how to ski just straight lining it into metal railing in the lift line. We even had a death of an asian running into it with no helmet and he was killed on impact. This was a couple years ago now but there is a chopper almost every weekend from some serious injury. I myself never got seriously injured from racing other than the usual back and knee pain, been knocked out a few times though.  :p