• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Generator system.............

I WILL NOT BE OPRESSED.

Stalin at work, all over again.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

That sign will not stop them!!!

If you lock the meter box they will issue you with a Fine and cut off the lock.

If you stand in their way, they will put a PIN Notice on your house and the main fuse will be pulled, and you will have to pay Full connection fee to get the power back on!!!

But I havent got time to get a gun license before they're due :doh:

I guess you're saying there's no choice ?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

But I havent got time to get a gun license before they're due :doh:

I guess you're saying there's no choice ?

They CAN NOT force you to go on the "Time of Use" tariff, but the meter will go on.

It takes them 2 minutes to do the job, I stood there and watched the guy do it. So if you turn your back you may not even know when they have been!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Generator system.............

I WILL NOT BE OPRESSED.

Stalin at work, all over again.

You can get a Natural Gas Generation unit for about $20k that will make 5 times more power than you will ever need!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

They CAN NOT force you to go on the "Time of Use" tariff, but the meter will go on.

It takes them 2 minutes to do the job, I stood there and watched the guy do it. So if you turn your back you may not even know when they have been!!!

I rang them to pin them down to a time so you can make an appointment which I've done.

Do the installers set the tarriff ? how do I get out of the time of use thing.(which I presume is the way to go)

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I rang them to pin them down to a time so you can make an appointment which I've done.

I didn't get that option - I was home on the day anyhoo.....

[/quote]

Do the installers set the tarriff ? how do I get out of the time of use thing.(which I presume is the way to go)

Yes, the installers set the tariff, but you won't be able to tell what you use as there is only one total read out.
The idea behind these smart meters was that you could go on the internet and see a read time report on your power usage.

I already told you that: they can't change you over to the new tariff, but if you change retails or your plan you will go on "Time of Use". You need to sign up for a deal now and lock it in a contract for as long as you can. If you are locked in to a contract they can't just change you over. If the retails get a sniff that you could be going to a smart meter, they won't offer you a good deal, they will offer you crap to make the "Time of Use" look good!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I didn't get that option - I was home on the day anyhoo.....

THey didnt advertise that option I randg and they offered, just another bastard trick of theirs otherwise it could have happened anytime over a 2 week period and I may not have been there,

Yes, the installers set the tariff, but you won't be able to tell what you use as there is only one total read out.
The idea behind these smart meters was that you could go on the internet and see a read time report on your power usage.

I already told you that: they can't change you over to the new tariff, but if you change retails or your plan you will go on "Time of Use". You need to sign up for a deal now and lock it in a contract for as long as you can. If you are locked in to a contract they can't just change you over. If the retails get a sniff that you could be going to a smart meter, they won't offer you a good deal, they will offer you crap to make the "Time of Use" look good!!!!

I'm not on a contract havent been in contact with the provider citipower, for years.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I'm not on a contract havent been in contact with the provider citipower, for years.

What are you paying now then??? I think that you are in Hold over mode at the moment and from my understanding you will stay like this until the retailer sends you a letter or the Green light is given to continue the Roll out!

I was on flat tariff 17.9cents a Kwatt, then it went up to 20.9cents in 18months.

The new rates on "Time of Use" are:
80cents a day Supply charge.
Day rate = 30.602cents per Kwatt
Night rate = 12.078cents per Kwatt

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

What are you paying now then???

Got no idea I'm waiting for the next bill so I can check it as I expect they'll raise it, I believe you can complain if they do......to someone.

I run an airconditioner the size of a Volkswagan so I have an interest in this.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Got no idea I'm waiting for the next bill so I can check it as I expect they'll raise it, I believe you can complain if they do......to someone.

I run an airconditioner the size of a Volkswagan so I have an interest in this.

If you are not on a contract, they can do whatever they like. They just have to send you a letter and give you X amount of time so you can go looking for a better deal, but you are going to be between a rock and a hard place!!!!!