Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Hi everyone Iíve been working on a group buy of wholesale solar PV components to supply a solar system for myself and a couple of mates.

The key purpose to this exercise is to source quality components and not be raped and pillaged in the process.

We are looking for a few more to join us as we have had a couple drop out at the last minute.

The systems comprise of 245w German mono PV panels, a choice of Invertors and quality mounting system to suit your roof style.

I have done a deal with Richard Inwood from Tindo Solar to purchase the Enecsys micro invertors which will be certified in the next couple of weeks. The benefit of using the Enecsys inverter is each PV panel has its own inverter converting DC voltage directly to AC which is the most efficient system in reducing loss and is apparently safer.

Having each panel with its own inverter is like having your whole array comprised of separate solar systems all working independently and eliminating the pit falls of stringed solar inverters where if one panel fails or is shaded it affects the whole system. In other works your system is only as good as the weakest panel/link.

The Enecsys system also comprises a Gateway system which monitors each inverter/panel separately and connects to the internet/smart phone app for monitoring each inverter/whole system remotely. A bit of a wank really but it will tell you how the system and/or each inverter/panel are performing.

However if you want a std stringed inverter which is also cheaper, then thatís fine thereís many to choose from some also with phone app connectivity.

For SA the .44c feed-in tariff has been reduced to .16c however the Fed Gov rebate is still in place but only until 30 June this year. After this date a typical 5kw solar PV system will rise by about $3,500. To qualify for the Fed Gov rebate you system must be installed by the end of June this year.

If you want to come on board this is how it will work - you will pay the supplier for the Panels and mounting systems directly (std stringed inverter as well), pay me for the Enecsys inverters (Tindo donít want individual invoices) and pay the installer (you have 2 to choose from SA only) also directly. In the most part I have kept myself out of the payment system to reduce costs and hassle for me.

As for the cost a 5kw German PV solar panel with a stringed inverter installed around $10 Ė 11,000 and for the same size but with the Enecsys inverters $12-13,000.

Yes these systems are round $1-2,000 dearer than the ads in the paper for a 5kw system but look at what you are getting. A solar system needs to last 20-25 yrs so quality maters. An installer mate of mine says he is seeing some Chinese systems performing badly already.

PM or call me on 0412 824 824 for more details.  Les

Hereís some info:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXlWdjFXcp0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXlWdjFXcp0</a>

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

:bump:

Closing off group buy tomorrow (friday) we have had a couple of newbies join in this week more the merrier. :thumbsup:

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Its on again we are holding our second group buy of quality solar systems for install in the Adelaide metro area. Info on system design and components in top post.

The solar panels we used last year are yet again top of the crop with them in the top 3 of panels in the Solar Centre Desert Knowledge test in Alice Springs more info here: http://www.dkasolarcentre.com.au/

All of the 8 systems we installed last yr are returning a credit on each power bill ours for example: last bill just before Christmas usually $900 - $1,000 instead we received a $770 credit. Even though feed-in tariffs have reduced there are still significant savings to be had in correctly designed and installed solar power systems.

For more info contact details in the top post.