Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Get highway patrol on a power trip and he'll make you put it in the boot... the original clublock is much better, weighted heavy at the end, rubber handle, 100% legal...   
Just saying

It was a Cop who showed me how to hide it....   :p

But yes I have a Clublock as well, lost the key years ago.    :tilt:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

But seriously I do have a setup like this in the DD and the work taxis:

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
But seriously I do have a setup like this in the DD and the work taxis:
So the passenger can beat the crap out of you?  And see what he's doing :)

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Mace or a stun gun are best.......mace, no real legal problems then, you know when the guy dies :scratchchin:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Mace or a stun gun are best.......mace, no real legal problems then, you know when the guy dies :scratchchin:

?????

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If I know I am going into a rough area, I always take my Andecorp with me.

You have to make sure that you keep the safety on at all times, don't want it going off without warning!!!!   :eek: :tilt:

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

I was about to look at the rego when I saw my son at the edge of my car. When that happened, I think I just froze.. all I remembered was the rego started with a BB-*** on a white Holden from the 90's.

I used to keep a crowbar in my car.. but decided way back then it was not worth it. The people that I've had aggressive encounters with to date, who number only in the handful, seem to have less to lose than me should something go wrong..

Sometimes you meet people who are just looking for trouble, due to road rage, a bad day or having a bad case of tall poppy syndrome. I have only confronted one when I couldn't back away. Most of the time, I've just driven or walked away. For example, a few years ago on Greenhill Rd I was in a situation where I had to brake hard. The ute behind me came close to hitting me and started blaring his horns. He then came up to me, and just before I got out I noticed he had something in his hand. I decided to stay put in the car and let him shout his head off at my window. I then saw he had a screwdriver in his hand.. so, I just smiled at him and drove off. He followed me so I drove to the Police station on Unley Rd before I got out.... he decided to drive on.

I would not advocate keeping a weapon in the car. I think it'll make one irrationally braver and could lead to many negative outcomes that are long term.

Fight or flight.... despite my ego and emotions wanting to fight sometimes, I think where it's a situation that I have too much to lose, I'd be better of choosing flight.. maybe the trick is to walk away in style ;)

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Leburpor is correct of course, not only for your own safety but also on the other foot, if you do cause someone injury or death then itís you who are in all sorts of trouble.

And: If you have ever had a gun shoved in your face then you will know what a life changing experience it can be!!!! 

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Once complained to a workmate that people always seemed to getting too close to the Merc, he responded that they're just hoping a little stardust will rub off on them.

If someone walked to my car with a screwdriver in his hand I'd pursue the prick till the cops got him I have the number of the local police in my fast dial and have used it more than once.

I wouldn't carry a weapon but I would carry mace.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

For example, a few years ago on Greenhill Rd I was in a situation where I had to brake hard. The ute behind me came close to hitting me and started blaring his horns. He then came up to me, and just before I got out I noticed he had something in his hand. I decided to stay put in the car and let him shout his head off at my window. I then saw he had a screwdriver in his hand.. so, I just smiled at him and drove off. He followed me so I drove to the Police station on Unley Rd before I got out.... he decided to drive on.

A very good friend of mine is one of the group that Mike Rann has an issue with.  He's over 6 foot tall and just as wide covered with tats and a very nasty look on him.  One morning he found someone taking a box of tools out of his 4WD at the front of his house, and there were more of his tools in the back of the guys ute.  Naturally one would think that he would do what most people think those people always do and that is to belt the living daylights out of him.  Nope,he mouthed off at the bloke got him to put the tools back in his car and told him to piss off or else he would call the cops.

Even for the " dangerous" type, it sometimes isnt worth it either